PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Flash issue

xyjames1488
May 23rd, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hello forums,

Not new perse, just rarely have to post here with issues. I mainly lurk about reading the already posted advice and help. Today, I have an issue that I can not solve. I have found different solutions, but none have worked for me.

My issue; I am using Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and am having issues with what appears to be Flash player. Everything runs smoothly until after a few moments it freezes up (it being the player, youtube, streaming, you name it). Audio remains, but the image seems frozen in stasis. The video feed never recovers, I am eventually forced to restart the entire video by reloading Firefox.

This is becoming an arduous and most frustrating endeavorer to fix, and I am through. I am coming to you, the fellow Linux community to help me fix this so I can enjoy my music, my films, and my mindless self enjoyment!

Thanks to everyone in advance, for those who try to assist me and to those that eventually return e to my audio, video, bliss.

James

****System Information****
eMchaine T5230 (upgraded RAM, HDD changed)
Ubuntu 11.xx
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
VIDIA® GeForce® 6150SE (onboard, recommended Propriety drivers)
3072MB DDR2 RAM PC 6400
160GB SATA II (7200rpm, 2MB cache)
(note: I will prove lshw or others on request.)
****System Information****

el_koraco
May 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Add the Flash-Aid addon to Firefox, it will replace the existing flash plugin witht he newest one from Adobe, and further tweak your system. it is developed by a member of the forums, lovinglinux.

no2498
May 24th, 2011, 03:22 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1712247

if you do install flash aid you need to run it

lovinglinux
May 26th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Mozilla approved the latest version of Flash-Aid (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/) today, which has a nice Wizard.

xyjames1488
May 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Well, thanks everyone for the help. I will be trying this extension.

My next concern, is how would I fix this issue for Opera? A friend of mine using Opera, is having this same issue. (He's stubborn as a mule) He refuses to go to Firefox, he says Opera is faster and more secure.

So how would he fix this issue, without converting to Firefox?

lovinglinux
May 26th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Well, thanks everyone for the help. I will be trying this extension.

My next concern, is how would I fix this issue for Opera? A friend of mine using Opera, is having this same issue. (He's stubborn as a mule) He refuses to go to Firefox, he says Opera is faster and more secure.

So how would he fix this issue, without converting to Firefox?

Just use Firefox when you need to update flash. Opera will detect the plugin installed by Flash-Aid as well.

xyjames1488
May 26th, 2011, 08:59 PM
wow, I always heard the Linux community was 10x the technical support that Microsoft or Macintosh will ever dream to be, but you folks were fast and efficient.

Well the issue is solved, now to figure out how to flag this thread as solved. That or keep it open and going, because no doubt I will soon have issues again.

lovinglinux
May 26th, 2011, 10:38 PM
wow, I always heard the Linux community was 10x the technical support that Microsoft or Macintosh will ever dream to be, but you folks were fast and efficient.

Well the issue is solved, now to figure out how to flag this thread as solved. That or keep it open and going, because no doubt I will soon have issues again.

You are welcome.

to mark the thread as solved, click the "Thread Tools" menu above the first post.

xyjames1488
May 27th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Thank you!

I have marked this thread as solved and hope for you a great week!