PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hmm, upgrade to 11.04 went pretty well...

DanaLou
May 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
After tweaking a few things like booting into classic gnome desktop and Getting my fancy white glass mouse pinter back :)

My "hourglass pointer" is weird though; it shows as a small solid black watch icon next to a tiny black pointer, is there any way to change this? Not very important, but I'd like to have my pointer theme consistent ;)

Thanks in advance; really liking the improvements with Natty :D

DanaLou
May 25th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Hmmmm... seems to be only with Chromium browser; as I get the regular busy icon with other programs. Hmm indeed....

urbietorbi
May 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM
My upgrade was smooth, too, but I just could force myself to live with Natty. Good luck.

DanaLou
May 26th, 2011, 05:57 AM
:( no one?

rimibchatterjee
May 26th, 2011, 06:01 AM
@ Danalou
What were you running before this? I've just installed Lucid on my desktop on the principle that slightly-earlier-than-latest will be more stable. Are you seeing any improvements since upgrade?
@ Urbietorbi
Are you facing any specific problems with Natty or is it just not you? Am thinking of upgrading once I get used to ubuntu generally: any pointers?

DanaLou
May 26th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Well as fas as improvements, for me it's better driver(s) for my radeon gfx chip; this was the main reason for upgrading. I was running 10.10, and had some sluggish window-drawing issues, now everything is zippy and snappy :)

It's just bugging me about this damn busy icon looking all tiny and not like the white glass theme I set up in >Settings>Appearance.

I'm just concerned that there's an underlying issue that may pop-up later :/

DanaLou
June 1st, 2011, 11:42 AM
:(
</sad monkey>

DanaLou
June 8th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Any ideas, kind humans? It's starting to drive me slowly insane!

DanaLou
July 15th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Still behaving the same ... :(