PDA

View Full Version : A 'cop that' article.

Dale61
May 23rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
This had me in total agreeance from start to finish.

Re: Botnets exploit Linux owners' ignorance (http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/botnet-ignorance.html)

Another piece of scaremongering, with overhyped drama and sensationalism, wrapped in tech lingo to make the crowds shudder with fear and reverence. While the general rule says: don't feed the trolls, as in I'm merely bringing attention to an article that does not merit any, I think it's important to show the other side of the spectrum.

Click the link to read the whole article.

grahammechanical
May 23rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
The person writing that article reasons like I do. I am close to giving up watching the TV news because I hate it when the journalist tries to turn a statement into its opposite with the words: "So, you are saying ..." No. The person is not sating that. They have in fact said the exact opposite. I hate mis-presentation.

Regards.

handy
May 24th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Symantec are best served if people use MS or Apple systems.

Financially Symantec have never recovered from paying too much for Veritas back in the mid 2000's.

Their prime opposition McAfee, is being bought by Intel, perhaps the Symantec shareholders would like to be bought by MS?

Will Symantec meet the challenge of mobile devices, or just fade away in the future due to bad management? ...

weasel fierce
May 24th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Its the flailing of them realizing that there is an untapped market that isn't likely to pay them money