PDA

View Full Version : EX windows 7 RIP

dsos30
May 22nd, 2011, 10:16 PM
I have made my mind up, I will give myself to the dark side of the force.......:) dsos30

jmszr
May 22nd, 2011, 10:41 PM
dsos30,

Going back to Windows, are you?:wink:

zia.newversion
May 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
dsos30,

Going back to Windows, are you?:wink:
No, from what I understand from the title, he just said RIP to windows... :(

I use Windows 7... It's not that bad, except that after about 6 hours of fresh install, it seems to look like I have 4MB RAM instead of 4GB and I am running an 80386 instead of i7...;)

fritz269
May 22nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Maybe its time for a new computer:lolflag:

dsos30
May 22nd, 2011, 11:08 PM
No way i'm going back to Windows LONG LIVE LINUX!!!!!!!!!

zia.newversion
May 22nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
Maybe its time for a new computer:lolflag:
Yeah that time came 'bout 6 months ago when I purchased this box with Intel Core i7 Q740, 4 cores, 8 threads, 6MB cache L2, 4GB DDR3 RAM and ATI 5730 1G dedicated Gfx...

I spent all I had on this one and I am now justified in believing that time doesn't come for at least couple more years. :)

dsos30
May 22nd, 2011, 11:16 PM
I was nerous Installing Ubuntu but I think it so user friendly, its also great that if i need help that i can get it here.. Thanks to everyone.... dsos30

fritz269
May 22nd, 2011, 11:18 PM
now justified in believing that time doesn't come for at least couple more years. :)

Haven't you seen the commercials? Your computer is obsolete as soon as it leaves the store? BTW, I did the same thing. After being a long time Windows user and one malware file to many, I am now a Linux only user.

dsos30
May 22nd, 2011, 11:23 PM
Yea, I was once a Atari STE user back in the day, then Windows came along, god i'm old.......!
LONG LIVE LINUX GOD SAVE UBUNTU......ha ha

dsos30
May 22nd, 2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks for now, Have a good nite......dsos30:D

zia.newversion
May 22nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
Haven't you seen the commercials? Your computer is obsolete as soon as it leaves the store?

What? Now I wish I hadn't broke up with that rich girl!

Dustin2128
May 22nd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Glad to hear from our latest linux only user! Hope it works out well. I swapped permanently when hardy came out and it's been nothing but good things.

itguy1985
May 23rd, 2011, 01:12 AM
I hate all operating systems equally. None of them work right gosh darn it.

forrestcupp
May 23rd, 2011, 01:36 AM
No way i'm going back to Windows LONG LIVE LINUX!!!!!!!!!

You're still being confusing. With proper punctuation, it could mean that you are going back to Windows.

No way! i'm going back to Windows! LONG LIVE LINUX!!!!!!!!!

itguy1985
May 23rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
You're still being confusing. With proper punctuation, it could mean that you are going back to Windows.

No way! I'm going back to Windows. :P

I♥HTML5
May 23rd, 2011, 01:44 AM
OK, this punctuation issue has me completely confused.

Also, I have been Micro$oft-free for almost 6 months! Never felt better!

Dustin2128
May 23rd, 2011, 01:49 AM
OK, this punctuation issue has me completely confused.

Also, I have been Micro$oft-free for almost 6 months! Never felt better!
It can be taken as
"no way, I'm going back to windows!"

galacticaboy
May 23rd, 2011, 02:04 AM
Linux is the best, but I cannot deny that Windows is not bad either. They have come along way from Vista, Se7en is actually pretty good. (I like 7 styled that way better) My fiance has Se7en and loves it. I use Xubuntu because my PC is old. It is made for Windows XP but does not have the proper system resources to run it well. I will always use some form of Ubuntu as my primary, but when I get a better PC I am going to dual boot Windows because there are just some games I want that do not work well or at all under Wine.

weasel fierce
May 23rd, 2011, 05:39 AM
Yea, I was once a Atari STE user back in the day, then Windows came along, god i'm old.......!
LONG LIVE LINUX GOD SAVE UBUNTU......ha ha

We can fight about atari vs amiga :)

Dale61
May 23rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
I've been Windows free since the day I installed 6.06. I even persisted during that major kernel failure that turned a lot of people away from Ubuntu. My defacto still prefers W7 (her decision), but my first task when I got my new laptop home was reformat, then install 10.06 clean. I have upgraded online twice, and have not had any major dramas; none that weren't resolved by searching the forums, at least.

jhonan
May 23rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Se7en is actually pretty good. (I like 7 styled that way better)
Yes, it's so much easier to type.

tobbyhot
May 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
that is pretty cool Idea I appreciate you, I think I must also try that.

fatality_uk
May 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Now if one of those clever Ubuntu/Gnome/Unity developers could add the feature to arrange icons by type on the desktop, as well as aligning them to a grid...

retbak
May 23rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm going to sound like an broken record here:

I've been using my Windows partition less and less but every now and then I need Windows for university work. I cannot believe how Windows still needs to reboot for many updates, it still nags me to restart when I just want to use my computer! My up time on ubuntu at the moment is 6 days. No nagging, no forced restarts and no problems, at the risk of sounding like Steve Jobs: It just works!

timZZ
May 23rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Windows 7 is the best operating system made by Microsoft, however, after only a year the machine was showing issues. I had to wait 4 days for the recovery disk to be sent as my backups where failing to restore.

Now i go days without touching a windows machine.

I am so much happier having bash natively.

Earsplit
May 23rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
I still can't seem to be extra super productive in Linux. Mind you, I'm still learning the ropes. There always seems to be some kind of problem, usually driver and hardware related. I also do a lot of music production, and its really hard to move off of Protools for anything linux related... Audacity and Rosegarden are simply not easy enough to use.

I had a lot of trouble with Unity, requiring me to reinstall Natty... Windows Aero just looks sos damn good and feels smoother than even GNOME. So Windows 7 is still my main OS, but I hope that once I become comfortable with every aspect of ubuntu, I can finally make the full switch over. My next laptop will be a Macbook, because I've never experimented with OSX. I still have so much to learn...