PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase a new Bluray player?

waloshin
May 22nd, 2011, 04:52 AM
I currently own a Seiki Blu-Ray 660 Bluray player, which has great picture quality ,but on some blurays it will skip?

So I was wondering should I buy a Sony Bdp s270 or maybe a Sony Bdp s360.

The s270 is $128 while the s360 is $99.

The other reason why I am thinking of upgrading is that the Sony's have upgradable firmwares while the Seiki will likely never seen any updates.

So what should I do?

EDIT:

Will I notice a picture quality difference?

CharlesA
May 22nd, 2011, 05:09 AM
I doubt there will be much if any difference in picture quality.

I originally had a Sony blu-ray player that I "upgraded" to a Panasonic, since I bought a home theatre system, and I like the UI of the Panasonic way better.

It's one of those net-ready players that can do youtube, netflix and the like. I quite like it. :)

cheapie
May 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Blu-ray??? What's wrong with DVD?

benc1213
May 22nd, 2011, 06:14 AM

We pretty much use our blueray for netflix streaming and watch movies on dvd.

Hedgehog1
May 22nd, 2011, 06:40 AM
As to picture quality, I have a very high end 3d blue ray player, and a very basic sony blue ray player that was later updated to 3d with a software update.

The much cheaper sony has a picture just as good (over HDMI). I use the sony almost exclusively now.

The Hedge

:KS

3rdalbum
May 22nd, 2011, 08:26 AM

DVD version of my reply: I o a e V o g L o l a , u n c h y r i n h - r s t p u q i .

Blu-ray version of my reply: If you watched DVDs on a good LCD or plasma TV, you'd notice that you're missing three-quarters of the picture quality.