PDA

View Full Version : It's about time...

cheapie
May 21st, 2011, 10:03 PM
I was browsing the website of the Kingdom of Talossa, and found this:

Talossan Statute 23RZ19

23RZ19 - The Talossan Anti-Microsoft Monopoly Act

WHEREAS, the Kingdom of Talossa has always stood for freedom, diversity, and the individual's right to express his opinions without legal retaliation; and

WHEREAS, these fundamental freedoms have been extended onto the Internet since Talossa's 1995 decision to join the Internet; and

WHEREAS, the monopoly practices of Microsoft endanger the freedom of all Internet users, and thus endanger the freedom of Talossans; and

WHEREAS, there is credible evidence to suggest that Bill Gates is the Antichrist; and

WHEREAS, U.S. Attorney General Janet "Waco" Reno has courageously imposed a legal crackdown on Microsoft's monopolistic practices:

THEREFORE, the Ziu hereby expresses its concurrence with the United States Government's attempt to weaken Microsoft's computer monopoly, and supports the efforts of the Clinton Administration to open the Internet and the computer industry to free and fair competition.

Uréu q'estadra så: Márcüs Pitz - (ZPT-Vuode) Robert Ben Madison - (PC-Vuode)

It's about time at least one country took that position.

Dustin2128
May 21st, 2011, 11:00 PM
Hahaha, look at the size of their claim on antarctica!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/Westarctica_map.jpg

Giant Speck
May 21st, 2011, 11:37 PM
I wonder what that green dot is.

Thewhistlingwind
May 21st, 2011, 11:42 PM
I wonder what that green dot is.

That's yellow......

earthpigg
May 21st, 2011, 11:49 PM
I see a province named for the Italian dictator, for the dude credited with the birth of Turkey as a Republic, a couple that look to be in a Nordic language...

Something for everyone, I suppose.

wojox
May 21st, 2011, 11:53 PM
That's ironic Pengöpäts, Talossan for "Penguin-land"

forrestcupp
May 21st, 2011, 11:54 PM
It's about time at least one country took that position.Just as long as they acknowledge my freedom to use Microsoft products if I so choose. :)

That's yellow......

:lol:

Dustin2128
May 21st, 2011, 11:55 PM
That's yellow......
No, actually it's the mini-sun from their experimental fusion reactor but it was censored by wikipedia to prevent a panic. Here's the original.

Quadunit404
May 22nd, 2011, 12:20 AM
I was browsing the website of the Kingdom of Talossa, and found this:

It's about time at least one country took that position.

Seems like typical anti-Microsoft blather to me. Probably written with endorsement from the commies at the FSF.

cheapie
May 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM
I see a province named for the Italian dictator,

What kind of map are you looking at? Last I checked, that province had been renamed...

No, actually it's the mini-sun from their experimental fusion reactor but it was censored by wikipedia to prevent a panic. Here's the original.

Hmm...using Compiz and the screenshot tool to edit an image. I think that might be a first...

That's ironic Pengöpäts, Talossan for "Penguin-land"

Interestingly, I knew those words, but never bothered to think about that name. Also, according to "l'Översteir" (the translator) it means "Penguin country".