PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Clean installation of 11.04 problems

ronnyk
May 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hey friends,
I've been having this problem for about a week or so now.

Problem is that when I download the .iso for 11.04 it burns fine and everything but when I try to boot from it the Ubuntu loading screen comes up for a few seconds and runs for a second, then throws me an error. Something about not being able to mount or something or other. The next time I try I will try to copy down all that it says.

Right now I am running 10.04. Should I install 10.10 and try to upgrade to 11.04 from that? I just cannot figure this thing out and would really like to check out the latest release.

Thanks for your help in advance.

mörgæs
May 21st, 2011, 10:37 PM
10.04 is supported two years from now, so you are not in a hurry to jump to another release.

In you will try 11.04, don't go the upgrade way. If your computer supports it, booting from a USB stick is often more reliable than booting from CD.

ronnyk
May 22nd, 2011, 04:19 AM
Morg, thanks for your insight into my problem. I will prob do it that way. It's not like I need 11.04. But damn do i love linux!

enkrypt3d
May 22nd, 2011, 04:58 AM
type do-release-upgrade in a terminal and do the upgrade there... worked fine for me. It might take a while though.