PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no wireless access

geomcewan
May 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM
I have just installed Ubuntu 8.4 on my old computer. It installed fine but doesn't list anything about wireless. I am using a Belkin USB adapter (N150) which works fine with Windows 2000. As this version of windows is not supported anymore I want to switch to Ubuntu, but have to be on line. Is there a driver I can download or do I need to do something else? Any help appreciated, cheers, George

shssta
May 21st, 2011, 06:46 PM
im sure there are some who can tell you exactly what to do here, but I have found that installing the newer versions results in greater out the box wireless and general networking compatability

geomcewan
May 21st, 2011, 06:53 PM
I tried installing the newer versions of Ubuntu, but they don't work on my old system, hence installing 8.4

shssta
May 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM
I tried installing the newer versions of Ubuntu, but they don't work on my old system, hence installing 8.4

ok im not really that savvy with networking, here to try to find a problem for an issue im having myself

but heres somewhere you can start

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1400866

sauravd07
May 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
compatibility issue for sure...
NDISwrapper allows to use Windows drivers available for virtually all adapters under Linux.Download and then install it ...most probably ur problem should get fixed!!:-k