PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 on HP dm1-3025dx unity and wireless problem

Adogg91
May 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
I bought an HP dm1-3025dx so that I can run Adobe CS5 for school. I travel for my job so I wanted something ultra portable. the HP dm1 is not really a netbook its more of an ultra portable like the macbook air. The specs are pretty good for a computer in that price range. The main OS I am familiar with is Mac OS X. I do not even have a windows system in my house. I started messing with Ubuntu about a month ago and I love it. I have it installed on a lower spec laptop (2007 Toshiba satellite). I wanted to install it to run parallel with my Windows 7 on the dm1.

Here is the problem:

I am an Ubuntu novice but I installed 10.10 on my older Toshiba laptop and later upgraded to 11.04 and it worked perfect. No problems what so ever. But when I try to install it on my dm1 it gives me a quirky touchpad, no wifi, and no unity.

It gives me an error at the start up saying, "you do not have the proper hardware for unity to work". The error msg is not verbatim but that is basically what it says. The dm1 has a dual core amd e350 processor, a 250HD, radeon HD graphic card, and 3gb of ram. How do I not have the hardware for unity to run? What is the problem? Can someone help me out? Sorry for the long winded explanation. I just thought I'd give some background on my self and the situation.