PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Natty - broken mouse cursors

hashcode
May 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hi, I want to use another cursor for Natty. I have Shere_Khan_X cursor (including cursor.theme), I copied extracted it to /usr/share/icons. Now when I run
sudo update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme
I get this message:
update-alternatives: error: /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/x-cursor-theme corrupt: unexpected end of file while trying to read master file.

What shall I do now? Is there some way to let system recreate this file? And how to add new theme with cursor.theme file?

hashcode
May 22nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
bump

Frogs Hair
May 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
In quick search I found there has been problems with this theme to the point of a report to http://gnome-look.org/. I was unable to follow the link because the web site appears to be down at the moment . Remove the corrupt package and look into it further before proceeding.

hashcode
May 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
bump

HellBoyz77
May 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Same problem here, using alternatives work with other mouse pointers theme, but not with downloaded one.

I've added Chameleon cursors in usr/share/icons and added an entry to x-cursor-theme. I select it but it does not work after logging out/in.

benju
June 9th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Hello, I came across this post while looking for the same thing myself, the problem as far as I can tell is that there is an extra line break ( or is it two, I can't remember ) at the end of the file ( /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/x-cursor-theme ). Once you add this extra line(s) break(s) the file is correctly read and you're allowed to select the added cursor theme.

jmatties
June 10th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Thank you! Adding 1 line-break fixed this error for me.