PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there a very simple midi editing program similar to Jazz++ or Anvil Studio...?

SketchMan3
May 20th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Stupid browser froze up when I tried to submit this before... *sigh*

Anyway, is there a simple midi editor that that isn't Rosegarden and doesn't require JACK? Something would simply let me load a Soundfont, and then edit and export a multi-track midi file without a bunch of other stuff you have to do?

shantiq
May 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Stupid browser froze up when I tried to submit this before... *sigh*

Anyway, is there a simple midi editor that that isn't Rosegarden and doesn't require JACK? Something would simply let me load a Soundfont, and then edit and export a multi-track midi file without a bunch of other stuff you have to do?

personally i use rosegarden with timidity

but looking around i see these 2

Muse

MusE is a MIDI/audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities. Some Highlights:

standard midifile (smf) import-/export

organizes songs in tracks and parts which you can arrange with the part editor

midi editors: pianoroll, drum, list, controller

score editor with high quality postscript printer output

realtime: editing while playing

unlimited number of open editors

unlimited undo/redo

realtime and step-recording

multiple midi devices

unlimited number of tracks

Sync to external devices:

C/MMC, Midi Clock, Master/Slave (currently only partially implemented) - audio tracks, LADSPA host for master effects

multithreaded

uses raw midi devices (ALSA & serial ports..., OSS was dropped)

XML project file

project file contains complete app state (session data)

Application spanning Cut/Paste Drag/Drop

and Swami (http://www.swamiproject.org/) try them maybe in synaptic or software centre

SketchMan3
May 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I have Muse, but whenever I start it up it says it didn't detect JACK, it will continue without audio support, but the splash screen just disappears after a second, and it never comes up. I'll check out Swami.
I don't have enough free space to install Rosegarden, unfortunately.

Edit: The only option I have right now is Tuxguitar... and that... eh.. it's geared too much toward guitars. But if that's all there is, I guess I'll just have to live with it.
Edit: And also, QSynth is too large too.
Tried Swami... it seems to be just an instrument editor, not a sequencer.