PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Need Touchpad Help!

andddlay
May 20th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Hello all!

I'm having trouble getting my touchpad of my Samsung Series 9 laptop to function properly again. Here's what happened. To see if I could get the touchpad to work better with Linux, I found this code and tried it out:

sudo su
echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
reboot

After the reboot, my laptop told me that there was no touchpad found (it still tells me this). I do kinda like how the right click works now, but ultimately I'd like to undo these changes. Could somebody please help me do this?

andddlay
May 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Could somebody please help me? Also, I dunno if this is related, but also I can't install/remove applications properly.

andddlay
May 23rd, 2011, 02:44 AM
Still lookin for help :o I'd like to not have to reinstall kubuntu.

andddlay
May 24th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Still looking for help...

Zorael
May 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM
sudo su
echo options psmouse proto=exps > /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
reboot
This creates a file at /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe with the contents 'options psmouse proto=exps'. Undoing it should be as simple as removing that file.

$ sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe
What functionality did you want to achieve with this?

Also, this should not cause any issues when installing stuff.

tarahmarie
July 1st, 2011, 05:27 AM
bump; I need this option set in psmouse.modprobe to get right-clicking to work, but I can also now (just like the OP) no longer see my touchpad detected in options.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1737086

That's where the code comes from that the OP used; I used it too to enable right clicking.

Anyone have any ideas on how to enable BOTH right clicking and edge scrolling on a Samsung Series 9 in Kubuntu?

insession
November 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
mind passing it on if anybody figured out how to do this?

Edit: forgot to reboot, this did just fine:

sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse.modprobe