PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to configure MPD

Deathmanlp
May 19th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Hi there :)
I'm new to ubuntu and I decided to try Sonata, but I can't configure MPD. Sonata uses localhost by default but it's already used by Apache. I tried disabling Apache but it still doesn't work. What IP should I use to be able to use Apache and Sonata in the same time ?

vanadium
May 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM
I have also the biggest trouble to get mpd/sonata to work under Ubuntu 11.04. It has worked, today I start to play a song, the time counter does not move, and sonata disconnects. restart, reboot: sonata does not connect.

Anyway, with respect to your question: it is perfectly possible to have mpd and apache running on localhost. It is just that they should both use a different port. I guess that will be so by default.

If needed, you can configure the port mpd listens to in the /etc/mpd.conf file. Change the port number in the line

port "6600"

You need to stop and restart mpd for the change to take effect:

sudo /etc/init.d/mpd restart

Deathmanlp
May 21st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Anyway, with respect to your question: it is perfectly possible to have mpd and apache running on localhost. It is just that they should both use a different port. I guess that will be so by default.

If needed, you can configure the port mpd listens to in the /etc/mpd.conf file. Change the port number in the line

port "6600"
You need to stop and restart mpd for the change to take effect:

sudo /etc/init.d/mpd restart

I already tried this

ge0rgi@ge0rgi-pc:~$ sudo mpd
[sudo] password for ge0rgi:
Failed to bind to '127.0.0.1:6600': Address already in use
phpinfo ()

Configuration

apache2handler

Hostname:Port 127.0.1.1:80
The ports are different but it still doesn't work.
However I moved to Clementine witch fits my needs for now :)
Thanks for helping :)