PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with Firefox opening to home directory instead of homepage

davesalyers
May 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hi all,

I have Ubuntu (10.10) running with three different desktop environments (GNOME, LXDE, and XFCE) which I or my kids use for different sessions. In GNOME and LXDE, Firefox opens just fine to the assigned homepage, but on Xubuntu Firefox (from either the Application Menu or launcher from the Taskbar) opens to the home directory of the harddrive. When I then click the homepage icon it then goes to the correct page.

Is there any way to correct this default setting for Firefox on Xubuntu so that it opens directly to the homepage?

Thanks!

davesalyers
May 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM
bump

Toz
May 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM
A few things to try:

1. Make sure that in Firefox properties, on the General tab, that "When Firefox starts" is set to "Show my home page"

2. Open a command terminal and type in:
firefoxDoes it work properly?

3. Open a command terminal and type in:
exo-open --launch WebBrowser %uDoes it work properly?

4. Right-click the launcher icon, select Properties, click on the "edit the currently selected item" icon, and post back the command that is being run.

davesalyers
May 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'm at the office but I will try that tonight when I get home and post the results. Thanks so much!:)

davesalyers
May 20th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Awesome! The command "exo-open --launch WebBrowser %u" opened Firefox to the home directory (and that was the command that was being run from the Launcher) so when I changed it to just "firefox" as the command in the Launcher properties then the problem was fixed.

Thanks so much for the help!