PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Workspaces not showing up in utility bar

NetDoc
May 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I love the ability to flop easily from one workspace to the other. I know that there is a way to do this with the keyboard, but I have grown quite fond of having my four workspaces showing in my utility (task) bar at the top of the screen. How do I re-enable this?

Copper Bezel
May 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM
The bar is called a panel, for clarity. Are you using the new Unity interface, or the the Classic desktop? In the Classic desktop, just right-click the panel, select "Add to panel," and find the Workspace Switcher. In Unity, unfortunately, there's no equivalent.

NetDoc
May 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
The bar is called a panel, for clarity. Are you using the new Unity interface, or the the Classic desktop? In the Classic desktop, just right-click the panel, select "Add to panel," and find the Workspace Switcher. In Unity, unfortunately, there's no equivalent.Cool stuff and thanks! Now, how do I switch back to the "Classic Desktop"??? :)

el_koraco
May 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Cool stuff and thanks! Now, how do I switch back to the "Classic Desktop"??? :)

logout, choose your username, look down where it saysy "Ubuntu", click the arrow, and choose "ubuntu classic". Enter password, enjoy.

NetDoc
May 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Will do. I don't find the new look all that appealing or productive.

logout, choose your username, look down where it saysy "Ubuntu", click the arrow, and choose "ubuntu classic". Enter password, enjoy.