PDA

View Full Version : Wine

DevilSolution
May 19th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Ok hey again guys basically im having issues with windows xp, now im not sure exactly how to explain this but ill try anyway.

okay my main problem is my disk drive is full.
I have recently switched from xp to ubuntu for learning purposes as well as being generally tired of xp but im currently on a dual boot with xp however xp is dead, it wont boot normally or in safe mode due to an lrass file tryng to get certain permissions or something, either way windows xp wont boot but it is using most of the hard drive.
Ubuntu uses about 20% and almost all of it is needed, my biggest problem is that ubuntu is installed onto xp (wubi?) so i cant just delete xp i need too somehow work around xp and try and delete all the junk off it (pretty much everything other than a few important files and ubuntu).
Now ive installed WINE and had a look through the configuration options to see if ive missed anything but whenever i try "Browse Windows" it does absolutely nothing, while in configuration however its possible to browse through certain files to set DLL's and executables but i see no options for deleting so im just wondering what i do to be able to emulate windows or to browse through the files so that i can delete all the unnecessary stuff ill never be using again, thanks in advance guys for any help you can contribute.

Bapun007
May 19th, 2011, 04:20 AM
You can use ubuntu live cd to delete those unnecessary stuf from windows xp .

DevilSolution
May 19th, 2011, 04:21 AM
i dont have one handy, i installed ubuntu off a USB

DevilSolution
May 19th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Okay i found a fix i may aswell post incase anyone else has a similar issue, i used "Disk Usage Analyser" to check how much space was being used by what then somehow it showed it all my windows files but wouldnt allow me to delete or edit directly using that device but it did give an option to "Open Folder" which allowed me to just casually access my windows files using the normal GUI and with a quick shift+delete i was able to delete all my unwanted files.

Hope this helps anyone with similar issues, cheers.