PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Humor: Star Wars versus The Matrix

timZZ
May 19th, 2011, 03:34 AM
If a Jedi was in the matrix against Neo ... who would win or would they just be exactly the same?

kevin11951
May 19th, 2011, 04:37 AM
If there inside the Matrix, then Neo...

The reason is that while a Jedi is busy following the "laws of physics" as he remembers them, Neo can do whatever he pleases...

;) Oh man, How I have fallen... To answering scifi hypotheticals...

Oxwivi
May 19th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Neo's physical laws exception can be countered with the Force, no?

NightwishFan
May 19th, 2011, 04:47 AM
They would team up vs Hugo Weaving and still lose. Following the event Smith and Morpheus go to get a beer. :)

user1397
May 19th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Gandalf could woop both single handedly.

JDShu
May 19th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Neo would probably win, unless the the Jedi was Samuel L Jackson.

good2gogirl1975
May 19th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I think the answer to this one is qutie simple...

Neo is only powerful cause of his ability to manipulate the matrix, without that he is just a regular joe who knows how to use a computer...

on the other hand a jedi can manipulate the force so should the force exist in the matrix I beleive that the jedi will have the upper hand, if they had a duel in a transparent nuteral setting then I beleive that jedi will win easily as Neo would have no powers... :popcorn:

Grenage
May 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I think the answer to this one is qutie simple...

Neo is only powerful cause of his ability to manipulate the matrix, without that he is just a regular joe who knows how to use a computer...

on the other hand a jedi can manipulate the force so should the force exist in the matrix I beleive that the jedi will have the upper hand, if they had a duel in a transparent nuteral setting then I beleive that jedi will win easily as Neo would have no powers... :popcorn:

That's a good answer, simply because it completely washes over the Matrix sequels - which never happened.

t0p
May 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Within the Matrix, Neo has his super-power thing going on. A Jedi knight has abilities that work in the "real world".

Assuming Neo and the Jedi were battling in the Matrix, Neo would win (unless the machines had programmed the Force into the Matrix, which sounds ridiculous (like this entire conversation isn't ridiculous?)).

In the "real world" Neo is a puny kind of dude, whereas the Jedi has the Force, a light sabre and the rest of the Jedi shabang. So Neo would die die die.

If Neo was in the Matrix and the Jedi was in the "real world", the Jedi could just disconnect Neo like that traitor dude did on the Nebuchadnezzar during the first (only?) Matrix movie.

Another possibility: the Jedi could tell Neo "These aren't the droids you're looking for," Neo would wander off all mind-tricked, and the Jedi would win by default.

Incidentally: if the Jedi in question was that Darth Maul idiot, Neo could do him, in his cubicle-dwelling "Mister Anderson" persona, just by poking Maul in the eye with a pencil. Darth Maul was a big mistake, kinda like how those other "Matrix" movies should have been abandoned in the desert as newborn babies.

jhonan
May 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Neo's sub-domain of the Matrix (the only place where his powers are effective) exists within the Universe domain.

The Jedi's domain extends to the whole Universe, of which the Matrix is a sub-domain.

Assuming the Jedi is aware he exists within a sub-domain, then he will also be aware that his powers can extend *outside* that sub-domain, and therefore defeat Neo by killing him in the real world.

Smilax
May 19th, 2011, 09:54 AM
how did neo stop the sentinals outside the matrix?

and travel to machine city,

and see when his eyes where burned out,

jhonan
May 19th, 2011, 09:56 AM
You must be talking about some other movie. There was only one 'Matrix' film.... :P

Grenage
May 19th, 2011, 10:15 AM

and see when his eyes where burned out,

You must be talking about some other movie. There was only one 'Matrix' film.... :P

Yup, I don't know what he's talking about; clearly madness.

Helkaluin
May 19th, 2011, 11:22 AM
You guys aren't getting the point. The Star Wars world is also machine-simulated. The Jedi's powers are only an illusion of minds.

Triblaze
May 19th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Isn't the force the real world equivalent of what neo does in the Matrix? "Use the energy around you to manipulate the world you live in?" They're just a little more limited.

So, as said, it comes down to where they fight, but if the Jedi's force comes from within them, couldn't them channel it from the outside world into their minds, which is in the matrix, and thus be able to use the force?

Also, the matrix's laws of physics can be broken if you can make your mind overcome them, mainly by not believing them. The Jedi would enter the Matrix believing they can use the force to manipulate stuff, so wouldn't they already have the mindset necessary to at least somewhat break the Matrix's laws?

So in the real world, Jedi, in the Matrix, probably Neo, but I think the Jedi would still have their powers.

sydbat
May 19th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Kirk would have the warp core ejected...

forrestcupp
May 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Within the Matrix, Neo has his super-power thing going on. A Jedi knight has abilities that work in the "real world".

Assuming Neo and the Jedi were battling in the Matrix, Neo would winI partly disagree. The Jedi are in tune with the force enough to be able to realize that they can manipulate the Matrix. So the Jedi win no matter where they are.

and see when his eyes where burned out,That's about like saying the Clone Wars cartoons are canon. ;)

disabledaccount
May 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM
We already are inside matrix. (someone have idea how to prove we're not?)
Therefore Jedi lives inside matrix too - The Force is exactly the same as Neo powers :)

Barrucadu
May 19th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Within the Matrix, Neo is effectively a god, he can remake it at will. That includes robbing Jedi of the ability to use the force. Therefore, Neo would win.

forrestcupp
May 19th, 2011, 09:20 PM
We already are inside matrix. (someone have idea how to prove we're not?)Yeah. I tried to trick my mind into being able to safely jump off of my two story house because it's not real. It didn't work. ;)

Therefore Jedi lives inside matrix too - The Force is exactly the same as Neo powers :)

Not true. The Matrix is a result of computer AI taking over the earth and using humans on earth as a source of energy by creating a software world called the Matrix.

Jedi live in a galaxy far far away. They're not in the Matrix.

Antarctica32
May 19th, 2011, 09:58 PM
well ovbiosly, if they are fighting inside the matrix then Neo would win cuz he could just bend the laws of the known universe. But Neo died so he couldn't really do a lot of fighting. Also because the force rules over all space and time it might "override" Neo's powers if u know what I mean. may I ask who the Jedi is?

Dustin2128
May 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM
well ovbiosly, if they are fighting inside the matrix then Neo would win cuz he could just bend the laws of the known universe. But Neo died so he couldn't really do a lot of fighting. Also because the force rules over all space and time it might "override" Neo's powers if u know what I mean. may I ask who the Jedi is?
When did neo die? When the movie ended, he was flying through the matrix!

NightwishFan
May 19th, 2011, 10:23 PM
when did neo die? When the movie ended, he was flying through the matrix!

+1

forrestcupp
May 19th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Also because the force rules over all space and time it might "override" Neo's powers if u know what I mean.
True. A Jedi could use the force to completely alter the Matrix's program so that Neo has to relearn how to manipulate it. By that time, he'd be a gonner.

With that in mind, even R2D2 could whip Neo. :)

sffvba[e0rt
May 19th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Strange that this has not been linked here yet - XKCD - Matrix Revisited (http://xkcd.com/566/) (check the last one :p)

Superkoop
May 20th, 2011, 12:58 AM
What a silly question, of course the Jedi would win! The jedi would still have the force in the matrix because they believe they can do it, and even if they didn't have the force they have their light sabers! Neo's a dim wit, he was the so called chosen one, yet he failed the first tests just like everyone else. Sure he can hack a computer, but his battle skills suck, he only wins in the end because he's pretty darn powerful and lucky. The jedi on the other hand are pretty darn smart, they are trained to fight since childhood. Neo starts flinging bullets and they knock em out with their sabers; and by the time Neo realizes they aren't dead and pounds a few holes in some walls, the Jedi have a force strangle on Neo, and they walk up to him and slice him in half with their sabers.
Piece. Of. Cake.

Tibuda
May 20th, 2011, 02:07 AM
The Force is the Matrix. Neo is a Jedi. Names are only labels, they do not matter.

And remember in Revolutions when Neo could see even when he got blind. He sees trough the Force in his "real" world (which is just another Matrix). Also when he destroys some machines using telekinesis.

EDIT: Compare those quotes

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.

For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us… and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter! You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock… everywhere! Even between the land and the ship.

Dustin2128
May 20th, 2011, 02:20 AM
If I was the jedi, I'd just make a tiny pull in the force to disconnect neo's head plug thing, killing him, by the way.

Oxwivi
May 20th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Jedi live in a galaxy far far away. They're not in the Matrix.
If you say that, it brings up the context in which the question was asked - are the Jedi and Matrix in the same universe, will they meet in an alternate world/dimension, etc.

good2gogirl1975
May 20th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Neo's sub-domain of the Matrix (the only place where his powers are effective) exists within the Universe domain.

The Jedi's domain extends to the whole Universe, of which the Matrix is a sub-domain.

Assuming the Jedi is aware he exists within a sub-domain, then he will also be aware that his powers can extend *outside* that sub-domain, and therefore defeat Neo by killing him in the real world.

This is definetly the best answer by far!

Oxwivi
May 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
What if the were fighting in a different universe or dimension other than their own?

forrestcupp
May 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
What if the were fighting in a different universe or dimension other than their own?

Then Yoda would get his butt kicked, but it would be a close fight with Mace Windu. ;)

Oxwivi
May 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM
... what happened to Neo...?

jhonan
May 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
He went into the matrix, bent a spoon, killed an agent, then flew out of a telephone box.

weasel fierce
May 20th, 2011, 05:42 PM
They'd argue about who had the more terrible sequels, then kill each other to make it end

Antarctica32
May 20th, 2011, 07:20 PM
When did neo die? When the movie ended, he was flying through the matrix!

God, am i the only one who bothered to rent the matrix reloaded and the matrix revolutions? I don't want to spoil it for anybody but the end of number 3 (revolutions) is pretty tank. I think a whole lot of this question depends on several things: who is the jedi, where is this battle taking place, is neo still alive. If the battle is taking place outside of the matrix then neo's powers may have no effect. But we have to keep in mind that Neo has shown the ability to use his powers outside of the matrix- the only Chosen One out of all the past matrices ever created to have this ability. And is this just any old jedi or is this like Luke or Mara Jade Skywalker here? I think that the jedi would win only because Neo died. The jedi are still alive and Neo is not, rendering your argument pointless.

lisati
May 20th, 2011, 07:37 PM
He went into the matrix, bent a spoon, killed an agent, then flew out of a telephone box.

Did the telephone box belong to "George Jackson" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0611652/)?

forrestcupp
May 20th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Did the telephone box belong to "George Jackson" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0611652/)?

I think it probably belonged to Bill and Ted.

lisati
May 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I think it probably belonged to Bill and Ted.

Quite possibly. I was originally wondering if "George Jackson" was an alias (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0873743/), since the phone box he used when Inspector Morse was in town was a different colour to the one I normally associate with him. (Another allusion to things red and blue.)

Dustin2128
May 20th, 2011, 10:09 PM
What a silly question, of course the Jedi would win! The jedi would still have the force in the matrix because they believe they can do it, and even if they didn't have the force they have their light sabers! Neo's a dim wit, he was the so called chosen one, yet he failed the first tests just like everyone else. Sure he can hack a computer, but his battle skills suck, he only wins in the end because he's pretty darn powerful and lucky. The jedi on the other hand are pretty darn smart, they are trained to fight since childhood. Neo starts flinging bullets and they knock em out with their sabers; and by the time Neo realizes they aren't dead and pounds a few holes in some walls, the Jedi have a force strangle on Neo, and they walk up to him and slice him in half with their sabers.
Piece. Of. Cake.
Shame on you sir. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slugthrower#Features (2nd paragraph)

Dustin2128
May 20th, 2011, 10:10 PM
God, am i the only one who bothered to rent the matrix reloaded and the matrix revolutions? I don't want to spoil it for anybody but the end of number 3 (revolutions) is pretty tank. I think a whole lot of this question depends on several things: who is the jedi, where is this battle taking place, is neo still alive. If the battle is taking place outside of the matrix then neo's powers may have no effect. But we have to keep in mind that Neo has shown the ability to use his powers outside of the matrix- the only Chosen One out of all the past matrices ever created to have this ability. And is this just any old jedi or is this like Luke or Mara Jade Skywalker here? I think that the jedi would win only because Neo died. The jedi are still alive and Neo is not, rendering your argument pointless.
What? When were these movies made?

Superkoop
May 20th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Shame on you sir. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slugthrower#Features (2nd paragraph)

Fine, the jedi won't repel the slugs with their sabers, they put up a force barrier. Problem solved.

Tibuda
May 21st, 2011, 12:47 AM

No, it is just that people dislike the sequels and pretend they never existed. I do like them very much.

I'd just like to remember you that a Jedi dies too. And Neo is reborn in each version of the Matrix, if you have seen his conversation with the Demiurge/Architect.

EDIT: And what is this about "old jedi or like Luke or Mara"? There's a difference, other than Luke being the son of the One? Lol, this brings another question: Are Anakin Skywalker and Neo reincarnations of the same spirit, if they are both the One of their time?

NightwishFan
May 21st, 2011, 12:50 AM
Where does the Merovingian fit into all this. You know he wants a bite of the apple. I think Merv > The Jedi. :)

BrokenKingpin
May 21st, 2011, 12:54 AM
Depends on the Jedi.

forrestcupp
May 21st, 2011, 02:27 AM
They're just lucky Chuck Norris isn't around.

Bandit
May 21st, 2011, 02:30 AM

++

Dustin2128
May 21st, 2011, 02:56 AM
Who in turn is lucky that bruce lee isn't around.

forrestcupp
May 21st, 2011, 09:57 PM
Who in turn is lucky that bruce lee isn't around.

Who is lucky Jack Bauer isn't around.

Dustin2128
May 22nd, 2011, 12:23 AM
Riiiiiight.

Antarctica32
May 22nd, 2011, 08:08 PM

yes!!