PDA

View Full Version : How do I automatically forward emails on Gmail while hiding sender's email?

xxhopingtearsxx
May 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I'm trying to get Loudtwitter, a website that allows me to post my tweets with a timeline on my Livejournal blog, to post via email. For some reason, it is not working, but using any other email works. Loudtwitter used to work, though. It's frustrating.

Loudtwitter works this way:

You give them the email to your livejournal email, so it can post to your blog via email. It's like post.livejournal.com/username+pin etc.
They use that to post a timeline of your tweets to your blog on the time you told it to, like 11:50 PM ET.
It gets posted.

So, I thought that the way to fix it was to set up Loudtwitter using my Gmail email instead of the email that allows people to post to my Livejournal via email. I then automatically forwarded any email from Loudtwitter to my Livejournal email, seeing how my email can post to my Livejournal but not the Loudtwitter email.. like

I set up Loudtwitter to use my email.
Loudtwitter's emails go to my email.
I automatically forward that to my post.livejournal.com email
???It should post.

Well, it doesn't, since the Loudtwitter email still shows. I'm thinking it won't work since for some reason, Livejournal blocked it, but I've seen other people using Loudtwitter.. so maybe it's just me. Instead of creating a totally different username, I'd like to just forward the emails.. But I don't know how to automatically forward my emails but at the same time, hide the original sender's email.. I know you can do this manually, but that's really a waste of time. Can someone help me?

Lucradia
May 18th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know about Bcc? I swear.

Also, if you're forwarding to a GMail account, and the GMail user clicks the "Show original" link, they will see all headers, including debugs (IE: "User is neither authotised nor blocked from using this domain"), as well as the original server and IP and sender.

Battle.net spam can only be found out by showing the original and looking at the headers.

xxhopingtearsxx
May 18th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'm sorry but that was an unsatisfying answer.

xxhopingtearsxx
May 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
SOLVED:
Loudtwitter emailing doesn't work but using ATOM API works.