PDA

View Full Version : Ha this should stump a few

jmore9
May 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I have had a rat try to gain entry into my apartment via the toilet bowl. I flushed him/her back the way him/her came so , how to stop him/her from coming back !!

I also poured a gallon of bleach into the drain. they don't like bleach at all.

Oxwivi
May 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hey, hey, don't get Ubuntu Forums under the scanners of PETA... or was it PITA...?

Onoku
May 18th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Poor guy... he made that epic journey only to be put back at square one. That is like Frodo getting to Mordor and being teleported back to the Shire.

Grenage
May 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I have had a rat try to gain entry into my apartment via the toilet bowl. I flushed him/her back the way him/her came so , how to stop him/her from coming back !!

You can't, any filter would block outgoing waste - you don't want that. ;)

Poor guy... he made that epic journey only to be put back at square one. That is like Frodo getting to Mordor and being teleported back to the Shire.

Lol!

3Miro
May 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Isn't there ware in the toilet bowl? How does the rat swim through that water. All the toilet bowl that I have see would make it impossible for a rat to climb out of.

Are you sure the rat came through the sewer and he/she wan't already in the house in the first place and then accidentally falling into the bowl.

NightwishFan
May 18th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I find that to be rude and cruel. Would it have killed you to let the bloke outside? I am reporting this topic as inappropriate.

jmore9
May 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
No him/her was half in and half out of hole at bottom of bowl. Looks like i caught him/her just before they gained their entry. No sign of him/her since i poured the bleach down the drain.

I made a maintenance report up on illegal animal attempted entry into dwelling spaces.

Seriously cannot have all these uninvited guests, not enough food for all of us.

NightwishFan
May 18th, 2011, 02:18 PM
(I should clarify I am not fighting for the right for rats to inhabit our drains, just that I would rather not have to hear about bleaching them on the Ubuntu forums). As for the sewer thing I have actually heard of this happening before so I believe it.

Rasa1111
May 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
wow.

How glad are you that you were not sitting on it? lol
That would be.............unpleasant. O_o

Poor little thing though
I feel bad for it. <3

Also kinda for you.
But more for the little creature. lol

I hope he gets flushed back out to wherever he got in! :P

3Miro
May 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM
No him/her was half in and half out of hole at bottom of bowl. Looks like i caught him/her just before they gained their entry. No sign of him/her since i poured the bleach down the drain.

I made a maintenance report up on illegal animal attempted entry into dwelling spaces.

Seriously cannot have all these uninvited guests, not enough food for all of us.

I wouldn't worry about it, even if the rat gets into the bowl, then he/she cannot climb out and start walking around the house. The rat would have probably just drowned even if you did not flush/bleach the bowl.

If you have maintenance, then you inform them of the situation. They will probably not do anything at this point, but if it happens again, then they can call professionals that would know what to do.

Grenage
May 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Isn't there ware in the toilet bowl? How does the rat swim through that water. All the toilet bowl that I have see would make it impossible for a rat to climb out of.

Are you sure the rat came through the sewer and he/she wan't already in the house in the first place and then accidentally falling into the bowl.

Rat's are probably one of the more skilled survivors on the planet, and it's not unheard of for them to pop up in toilets. Not exactly common, though.

jmore9
May 18th, 2011, 04:33 PM
A couple of my plumber friends think there may be an entry somewhere in the area for them to get into the building. This is an ex hospital turned into apartments so the drainage should have some extra grates because of that. Thats what they said.

There are over 90 apartments in this building.

forrestcupp
May 18th, 2011, 06:24 PM
The bleach didn't take care of it?

Hey, hey, don't get Ubuntu Forums under the scanners of PETA... or was it PITA...?

Lol. PITA, indeed.

Oxwivi
May 18th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Lol. PITA, indeed.
Oh my, someone actually noticed my post - I feel honored.

mips
May 18th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Where do you live that rats crawl out of your toilet?

dniMretsaM
May 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Where do you live that rats crawl out of your toilet?

In an apartment. Anyway, that's pretty weird. Never had that happen and I hope it never does. Just watch out for PETA.

Gremlinzzz
May 18th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Put some screening over the toilet seat or teach the cat to swim.

forrestcupp
May 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_167-sL7Cczk/TBp-mF1RjrI/AAAAAAAABd0/n_t1qE9kdz4/s1600/cat-toilet-photo.jpg

sammiev
May 19th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Can't wait to see the next thing that comes out of there. Maybe a snake? LOL :popcorn:

Oxwivi
May 19th, 2011, 05:50 PM
You know there really exists snakes that live in water, so that's possible. But not very desirable.

Aquix
May 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Was a story here about a 1 meter long lizzard that escaped from the zoo and ended up in a toilet when a 4 year old boy and his mother was potty training. It was handled by peoples from the zoo and they somehow managed to get the boy back to training on the toilet. :KS

Gremlinzzz
May 19th, 2011, 07:08 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_167-sL7Cczk/TBp-mF1RjrI/AAAAAAAABd0/n_t1qE9kdz4/s1600/cat-toilet-photo.jpg

LOL that's funny.

Megaptera
May 19th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Sounds like you could do a budget remake of Flushed Away
"The story of an uptown rat that gets flushed down the toilet from his penthouse apartment, ending in the sewers of London, where he has to learn a whole new and different way of life."

http://www.flushedaway.com/flash/index.html

Rasa1111
May 20th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Can't wait to see the next thing that comes out of there. Maybe a snake? LOL :popcorn:

Lol! :lol:

Bandit
May 20th, 2011, 05:05 AM
poor guy... He made that epic journey only to be put back at square one. That is like frodo getting to mordor and being teleported back to the shire.

lmao..

Oxyris
May 20th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Oh my, someone actually noticed my post - I feel honored.
I read this in Dr. Zoidberg's voice.

steveneddy
May 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Go buy a giant boa constrictor and put the snake down the toilet to eat the rats - problem solved.

Or move to a better neighborhood.

CharlesA
May 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
I read this in Dr. Zoidberg's voice.
Epic!

CraigPaleo
May 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM
This is how they do it. :D

http://www.metro.co.uk/video/48480926001-rats-can-swim-into-your-toilet

giddyup306
May 21st, 2011, 06:16 PM
Put some screening over the toilet seat or teach the cat to swim.

Good luck getting his cat to learn how to swim. If it's anything like mine, it's a lazy *** re-re that can't even s**t in the litter box properly...

Superkoop
May 21st, 2011, 07:33 PM
This is how they do it. :D

http://www.metro.co.uk/video/48480926001-rats-can-swim-into-your-toilet

Holy buckets of rat poison this is the coolest thing ever! It's like they're secret agents swimming through the pipes, breathing at the little air pockets and squishing through smaller spaces! I wish I were as cool as a rat... 8-)8)

Ctrl-Alt-F1
May 21st, 2011, 08:45 PM
(I should clarify I am not fighting for the right for rats to inhabit our drains, just that I would rather not have to hear about bleaching them on the Ubuntu forums). As for the sewer thing I have actually heard of this happening before so I believe it.

It's not like a harmless garden variety spider that you can pick up and dump out in the lawn.

With disease carrying rodents I say take whatever precautions are necessary. He likely bleaches his toilet bowl anyway. The only mammal I have EVER attempted to kill were rats and mice. If they make a nest near your home they will propagate and continue to be a problem. In one of the apartments I live in we continued to have mice problems all the time, until the landlord followed his cat to the den. Bye bye mice.

Where I grew up, mice are constantly making people very ill with a disease that is potentially fatal.

steveneddy
June 26th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Good luck getting his cat to learn how to swim. If it's anything like mine, it's a lazy *** re-re that can't even s**t in the litter box properly...

I've never heard a better reason not to simply flush your little lovable fur ball down the toilet.

Problems?

Use the stick end of the plunger - she'll go - just be patient - and keep flushing.

CharlesA
June 26th, 2011, 03:00 AM
I've never heard a better reason not to simply flush your little lovable fur ball down the toilet.

Problems?

Use the stick end of the plunger - she'll go - just be patient - and keep flushing.
You ressed a month old thread to say that?

Primefalcon
June 26th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Maybe but I am glad to have seen this... damm!

And keep bleech in the main back for a few flushes for a while that should take care of the vermin, or maybe some rat poison!

Khakilang
June 26th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Rat is not my natural enemy. So sorry no help from me. Maybe you can keep your house extra clean. Don't leave food crumps on the floor and keep your food properly seal and pack away. Because they can smell from miles away. Always clear your garbage from the bin.

CraigPaleo
June 26th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Rat is not my natural enemy. So sorry no help from me. Maybe you can keep your house extra clean. Don't leave food crumps on the floor and keep your food properly seal and pack away. Because they can smell from miles away. Always clear your garbage from the bin.

When you get bit in the ***, you might change your mind. :) These rats are migrating from the sewer and traversing pipes underwater. I don't think they can smell underwater. They're probably just hoping to stumble upon a place of wheat and honey; taking their chances.

ZarathustraDK
June 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I also poured a gallon of bleach into the drain. they don't like bleach at all.

So now all the other rats are like "wtf did you do to your hair?!".