PDA

View Full Version : Netbook remix?

thenoblelord
May 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hi,

Have just installed Ubuntu onto an HP MiniNote 2133 - I downloaded the USB installer and used the downloaded ISO to install. Went smoothly (as usual). However I really wanted to use the Netbook Remix. I can't see how to activate this mode, as it were, and it just boots normal Ubuntu. Anyone able to help?

Cheers.

NormanFLinux
May 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
You need to install the Ubuntu classic netbook remix packages from the repositories to get the classic netbook remix and then logout and login to the classic netbook remix interface. I have the same MiniNote as you do.

However, I strongly recommend you download Oz Unity, which has the default classic netbook remix interface. Its based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and has nearly all the applications you could ever need. Its by the makers of Ubuntu Ultimate Edition.

Hi,

Have just installed Ubuntu onto an HP MiniNote 2133 - I downloaded the USB installer and used the downloaded ISO to install. Went smoothly (as usual). However I really wanted to use the Netbook Remix. I can't see how to activate this mode, as it were, and it just boots normal Ubuntu. Anyone able to help?

Cheers.

noblelord
May 18th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Hmm, ok, thanks.

Do you have the links for the Netbook repos?

Thanks.

And also: do you think that Ubuntu is the right OS for a 2133? Does it run fast enough? I want something quick so I can finally begin to use my 2133 more!

Cheers.