PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fullscreen Zoom in Unity

NosLycn
May 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone!

Is there a way to get a fullscreen zoom (eg. compiz's super+scroll) with Ubuntu 11.04 + Unity?

Thanks

NosLycn
May 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
So,I found out that the compiz zoom function is still active. They keybinding, on the other hand, has been removed.

It doesn't zoom in on the unity launcher/panel, but it does zoom in on everything else. For those of you out there wondering how to get (nearly) the same level of fullscreen zoom we used to have in Ubuntu, install Compiz Config Settings Manager, click "Enhanced Desktop Zoom", and set the hotkeys for zooming in/out.

To install the compiz config settings manager, run the following in terminal:

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

To run the compiz config settings manager, run the following in dasher (alt-f2):

ccsm

Best of luck to you all.

mlissner
June 2nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Zoom In --> Super + Button4
Zoom out --> Super + Button5

(at least for me)

kubulai
June 2nd, 2011, 06:24 AM
The lack of ability to magnify the icons at left screen will make it difficult to show students in the back of the room where to click.

Copper Bezel
June 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Maybe, but it's no different from the Expo view or Cube. The panels stay visible and accessible, and it's a rather unusual problem that would really require you to zoom in on the panel (one that you've found, admittedly.)

Chronos6
June 7th, 2011, 06:42 PM
To be honest i used the zoom function a lot, for showing something for somebody who was not close to the screen. Now i cannot do that. Zoom is not moving while moving the mouse and magnify is too small.

Copper Bezel
June 7th, 2011, 07:49 PM
All the same settings are there, they just aren't enabled by default. You'll want to enable focus tracking, for one. = )