PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to load facebook on 11.04 in any browser

bhupinderjitbawa
May 18th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I just installed new ubuntu 11.04 ...and i wondering why i m not able to open facebook on any web browser.
Facebook opens but it takes too much time and doesnt show except few links no visuals at all..
look at the screenshot attached...
any solution??i have tried by clearing browsing data and updated 11.04 so many times....

gsmanners
May 18th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Looks like their style info and/or scripting has gone poof. If you ask me, that's a problem between where you are and whatever servers FB uses for that stuff (i.e. it's your ISP's fault so call them bug them about it).

silex89
May 18th, 2011, 03:34 AM
I agree, the problem is with the ISP or the network you are in has Facebook blocked, some routers are configured that way in my university, and when you try to log in in FB shows exactly the same in your browser. All the other webs are normal....

Regards and good luck! :D

bhupinderjitbawa
May 18th, 2011, 07:16 AM
one thing i forget to mention that i have dual boot os with window 7 and ubuntu 11.04...
facebook is working pretty well on window 7 .but ubuntu has this kind of problem

bhupinderjitbawa
May 18th, 2011, 07:23 AM
thank god i found solution..
previously i was creating dsl connection through network manager.

now i have established connection through
$pppoeconf
$pon dsl-provider solved my problem...
thanx for the hint..

dineshs
May 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM
previously i was creating dsl connection through network manager.

I think the problem is with MTU.The default value is 1492 while using the command line while NM uses 1500.If you want to use NM set MTU value as 1492 as explained here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10075155&postcount=2)