PDA

View Full Version : PDF creation contest !

debd
May 17th, 2011, 05:19 AM
show off your skills at designing pdf docs!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1760192 :eek::mrgreen:\\:D/

Bandit
May 17th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Sorry.. didnt realize it took a great deal of skill. :(

NovaAesa
May 17th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I write up all my papers in LaTeX, they usually look very professional when I'm done with them (even if I do say so myself!).

debd
May 17th, 2011, 07:05 AM

well, may be am a little too childishly energetic about it :)

but, I was talking about the design, you know... ;)

NovaAesa, you just made me curious about this thing. I'm reading the documentation right now...

jamesjenner
May 17th, 2011, 07:14 AM

Have to agree at that, I thought you were only mucking around at first. Got me thinking though, interesting way to express great design ideas for various PDF uses, from marketing to advertising and all sorts of interesting things. :)

Bandit
May 17th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Have to agree at that, I thought you were only mucking around at first. Got me thinking though, interesting way to express great design ideas for various PDF uses, from marketing to advertising and all sorts of interesting things. :)
Guess I am just used to designing white pages and technical documents for my college classes. I normally just through something together and everyone is normally very impressed. I dont see the big deal, but surely appreciated the A's. :-)
That and with all the tools at hand for users these days, seems anyone can through something professional together in a snap. But I guess it could be challenging for someone new.

Kinda read over what I first posted. I apologize if I sounded like an arsh in my first post.

debd
May 17th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I was actually thinking about e magazines that are released in pdf format.
they have different layouts..designs; and I do think they definitely take some skill to put all those things together.
So, that was my point. Trying to create commercial grade/looking pdf s.

creating pdf docs for academic perposes is a lot different thing.
I should have made it clear in my first post.

Bandit
May 17th, 2011, 07:49 AM
trying to create commercial grade/looking pdf s.

creating pdf docs for academic perposes is a lot different thing.
I should have made it clear in my first post.

Well prob so, but being prior military I tend to over do things. I feel everything I do represents myself, so everything I create I make it stand out and shine. For example my Avatar show to the left... I make my own.

debd
May 17th, 2011, 08:23 AM
everything I create I make it stand out and shine.

I didn't notice the CIW certificate (thing) before that post :)