PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fixed resolution after new install

JackLocke
May 17th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have been user of Ubuntu since version 7.04 . And since then, I have used Ubuntu as second OS with Windows.
Few days back, I removed by older Ubuntu 10.10 and installed newer 11.04. But for some really strange reasons, my screen resolution is fixed to 1024x800. My laptop is a widescreen, which has resolution of 1366x768. But no matter how I try, I can't change the resolution. I can see my screen resolution in "Monitors" option, and I can select it as well. But when I click on apply, half the screen kind of gets black and the weird most thing is if I run using Live CD (using my USB), I can see whole full screen UNITY desktop so I don't think it has anything to do with my video card but may be I am wrong....
Just for information, I am using integrated graphics card Inted 4500MHD. And x86 Ubuntu ... And it has worked just great with past three Ubuntu version, without any extra installation (or atleast that I know of).
This is really frustrating for me because I really liked new Unity Desktop and more over, my new project requires me to work on linux as well.
I will really appreciate if anyone can help me out.

Thanks,
Jack