PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't boot to Ubuntu 11.04, it boots straight to Win7

GuniAta
May 16th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I just installed Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit alongside Windows 7 home premium on ASUS A52J, corei5, ATI HD6370m.
The problem is - I Can't Boot to it!!!! the machine boots straight away to win7.
I don't understand it... the installation went extremely smooth and fast...

Please help!

drs305
May 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Are both OSs on the same drive? If they are on different drives you may need to change the boot order in BIOS so the Ubuntu drive boots first.

You can also try holding down the SHIFT key to see if the Grub menu appears.

Otherwise, please click on the "BIS" link in my signature line. Download and run the boot info script, then post the contents of RESULTS.txt.

When you are ready to copy the contents, click on the # icon in the post's menubar. This will generate
tags. Paste between them. It helps with formatting.

RESULTS.txt will show the status of your boot files and allow us to make informed suggestions. If you have trouble running it there are instructions on the download page, and additional instructions by louieb on a link on the left side of the page.

NaitoNeko
May 28th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Something happened with this ? it is solved ? I hav the same problem, I install Ubuntu 11.04 x64 and windows 7 start automatically, there is no grub that ask anything.

drs305
May 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Something happened with this ? it is solved ? I hav the same problem, I install Ubuntu 11.04 x64 and windows 7 start automatically, there is no grub that ask anything.
Well, I guess the OP has abandoned the thread. If you would run the boot info script and post the contents of RESULTS.txt we can take a look.

Click on the BIS link in my signature line to get the script and instructions.