PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No sudo rights in my home dir?

~Gh05t~
May 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hello together,
i have set up my ubuntu 11.04 client to fetch everything from my 10.04 LTS server:
Users from LDAP, Homedirectories with NFS4 using autofs (from LDAP, too).

Ive used that (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LDAPClientAuthentication) tutorial to set up PAM-LDAP, in simply words i installed ldap-auth-client and set up nss config.

Unfortunately i can not access files in my home dir (nfs mount) with sudo, all other locations outside my home dir are valid:

$ sudo touch ~/test.txt
touch: can not touch test.txt: Permission denied
$ touch ~/test.txt
--> works!
$ sudo touch /root/test.txt
--> works!
$
Any ideas about that? Iam in the "admin" group on my ldap.

dino99
May 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
seems you have to file the full path to get it working

lechien73
May 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Is your home folder exported using the no_root_squash option? You can check this in the /etc/exports file on your server.

It's vital, however to read up on the potential security risks of switching off root squashing before you do, though. It seems to me that the behaviour you are describing for a remote-mounted NFS share is correct, and I would not advise exporting an NFS share without root squashing enabled.

~Gh05t~
May 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Is your home folder exported using the no_root_squash option? You can check this in the /etc/exports file on your server.

It's vital, however to read up on the potential security risks of switching off root squashing before you do, though. It seems to me that the behaviour you are describing for a remote-mounted NFS share is correct, and I would not advise exporting an NFS share without root squashing enabled.
Yeah, i think that was it. Thank you!