PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Change login screen logo

jacqueshappy
May 15th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hi there
When I see the login screen, ever since I installed xfce (since been removed) I have a mouse/rat xfce logo above the list of users to log in as.
There must be some way change this?!

teachop
May 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Is the package xubuntu-gdm-theme installed?

jacqueshappy
May 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Is the package xubuntu-gdm-theme installed?

Ahah!
It was indeed! And so were a few other xubuntu related packages. It seems when removing xubuntu, I only filtered the synaptics search with the word xfce and completely ignored the word xubuntu.
Thanks for help with what appears to have been a trivial problem...

jacqueshappy
May 15th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Ah oh dear. Deleted that that from package manager but it's still there upon login...

teachop
May 15th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hmmm. I went through this, wish I remembered exactly. I also took out xubuntu-plymouth-theme. Do you still have that one?

jacqueshappy
May 15th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Got rid of that too..

teachop
May 15th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I am pretty sure that did it for me, took those two out. I acutally still have xubuntu, but wanted to boot like ubuntu. So when I took those two packages out, I got the purple back, no mouse remains. I probably used the "remove completely" option in synaptic.

jacqueshappy
May 15th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I am pretty sure that did it for me, took those two out. I acutally still have xubuntu, but wanted to boot like ubuntu. So when I took those two packages out, I got the purple back, no mouse remains. I probably used the "remove completely" option in synaptic.

Yeah it's fixed it now, it's a picture of a monitor.
I think I just needed to restart the computer.
Do you know where I can find the option to edit that picture of the monitor and change it for a custom picture?

teachop
May 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
No, but I have seen mention of a login screen theme editor somewhere along the line. I think if you could identify and reinstall the right artwork/theme package for ubuntu the login picture would come back. For some reason, I didn't need to change anything once I removed the xubuntu stuff, the ubuntu themed gdm was there...