PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] How to disable touchpad and adjust display WUBI/W7

clemenzina
May 15th, 2011, 04:33 AM
The "Check if already posted" brings up no results.

I've installed Ubuntu 11.04 with Wubi on my Window7 Home Premium laptop. No problems, except that I can't find "System" to make adjustments, specifically:

(1) Disable touchpad (it is disabled in Windows7).

(2) The display is only using about two-thirds of the screen (11.6" Samsung X120). In the Windows7 setup I do have the resolution set at 125% because the fonts are terribly small otherwise on this quite high resolution display.

During the installation I was not taken thru settings screens for things like language, video, like I have been on the very rare occasions I've installed a Linux OS onto its own partition, presumably because Ubuntu 11.04 is being installed as part of Windows7.

Am rather doddery so it may be that I've totally missed something - like a huge icon saying SYSTEM SETTINGS :tongue: apologies if so.

clemenzina

clemenzina
May 17th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Could someone advise me if I've posted in the wrong place, or if the question is too stoopid to be addressed?

I suppose it makes no odds to Ubuntu Support if I give up and uninstall, as there's no money involved.

clemenzina :cry:

ggw10
October 15th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Yes, I really want to disable the touchpad too. I hate touchpads: I could disable my touchpad in 11.04 and previous Ubuntus; why have I now been deprived of this choice?