PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help with GT240 please...

Firezap
May 14th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hi all, I have a problem that I hope someone has been there and done that...My problem started when I tried to update Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04. The update stopped when it was detecting hardware I think, the keyboards lights just kept flashing...So I thought that I would start by re-intalling with a fresh copy...It looks like it is going to boot fine, the loader shows up and everything. Then, I am greeted with this on my scereen:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5062/s5002797.jpg

So I try Xubuntu 11.04 with the same result...Then I thought at this point that it has to be my graphics card, a gt240 Nvidia card. So I pull it out, and use the built in motherbored card. No problems after that but, I need that card...I have currently installed Xubuntu 11.04. My question is, how can I prepare Xubuntu for the gt240 video card so I can use it again. Because it will not boot with it in it...:-| Thanks.

Firezap
May 14th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I got it working...I left the video card out and installed Xubuntu, then installed the latest nvidia driver from the software center. I put the GT240 card back in and rebooted. Everything including opengl appears to be working now.:guitar:Soooooooo, I guess this is solved, even though I did it myself lol. I bet some people would not be able to do this, especially if they do not have an integrated video card as backup....I hope this problem will be fixed in the next release. Because I had no problems running 10.04 and 10.10.