PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu 11.04 install problem

cocoto4
May 14th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Hi!

i am trying to install ubuntu 11.04 on my laptop (ASUS A42JA) but when i try to boot from my usb i have a black and white, thing that leaves me with 3 options,
1. try ubuntu without installing
2. install ubuntu
3. check disk for problems
But whichever one i click the screen goes black and my pc starts working, but nothing happens, because i left it on for 7 hours and it was still like that, so can anybody tell me what i need 2 do to get it to work.
i have tried to add vga=771 but nothing happens.

dabl
May 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Is F6 "Safe Graphics"? Try that.

cocoto4
May 14th, 2011, 11:20 AM
But, when i press any of the f keys nothing happens...

dabl
May 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Possibly the boot process, when detecting the keyboard, is not enabling the F keys. You should have a "F Lock" key in the upper right corner (mine is US 105 key style). In the boot process, as soon as you see the keyboard light flash, press the F Lock key, and then when the CD is booted, it should recognize the F keys.

cocoto4
May 14th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Possibly the boot process, when detecting the keyboard, is not enabling the F keys. You should have a "F Lock" key in the upper right corner (mine is US 105 key style). In the boot process, as soon as you see the keyboard light flash, press the F Lock key, and then when the CD is booted, it should recognize the F keys.

Hmmm...?

what is a F lock key?
I have a norwegian keyboard

zayustman
October 16th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I'm Use Asus A42JA, it works fine when i install from usb device, just try to make usb boot image again, all i wanna say it works on installation..

but new problem when it finish and get to gnome! when i typing 5 word, my mouse n keyboard freeze for 5 second and get back again.. do someone have similiaar problem here??

and my USB MOdem Huawei E156G Not detected when making connection!

latest i use Maverick it's work Fine no keyboard freeze or modem detected.

i'm wait for any suggest n help!

thanks