PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Install inside Windows option is missing in wubi!

applegrew
May 14th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I have downloaded Kubuntu 11.04 Desktop ISO. When I fire up Wubi then there is no Install inside Windows option! Why?

garvinrick4
May 14th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I have downloaded Kubuntu 11.04 Desktop ISO. When I fire up Wubi then there is no Install inside Windows option! Why?
BURN the .iso file to a CD then put the cd inside the try open it and click on WUBI then
it will install into a folder inside of C: drive right next to Users called Ubuntu.
When you reboot the computer after installing will have a menu entry for both Ubuntu
and Windows to choose from.

applegrew
May 14th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Well I have created a bootable pen drive of the ISO. I can very well boot from that and do normal install, but I get no option to 'Install in Windows' from Wubi.

applegrew
May 14th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Woh!!!! The very same ISO when mounted from a virtual drive gives the "install in Windows" option!!!!

garvinrick4
May 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Well I have created a bootable pen drive of the ISO. I can very well boot from that and do normal install, but I get no option to 'Install in Windows' from Wubi.Once you boot off of pen drive it is going into partition install:
If windows is running and you put pendrive in and open should be ready for Wubi install
(inside of windows).