PDA

View Full Version : Strange message

Dustin2128
May 14th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I logged on to my computer after a few hours today and I saw a pop up window that said "You better be giving me your password" or something like that. Knowing that my brother had most likely attempted to log on to the computer while I was gone today (and the good sense of humor of many open source devs), I dismissed it without thinking. Just out of curiosity, do any of you have an idea what program would give that message, or if my system's somehow compromised?

Thewhistlingwind
May 14th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Too bad RKhunter gives so many false positives.:popcorn:

Dustin2128
May 14th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Too bad RKhunter gives so many false positives.:popcorn:
Well not having anything particularly important in wine, I went ahead and wiped that out of sheer paranoia. I've run without AV so long I don't even know what to do! :) Not that I have anything of real importance on my computer besides login information to my server that also has nothing of real importance. Security through boringness?

cgroza
May 14th, 2011, 01:29 AM
If your screen was locked, there is a button that lets you leave a message to the owner.

Dustin2128
May 14th, 2011, 01:33 AM
If your screen was locked, there is a button that lets you leave a message to the owner.
That's probably what happened- ah never mind, it was my brother, I just asked him. :D Maybe it's cause I haven't had virus problems in so long I sub consciously wanted to have them ;).

D'oh! I feel like a noob again! (Promptly restores wine from trashbin)