PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Why does my computer momentarily slow down everytime the song changes in banshee?

twtgd09
May 13th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Everytime the song changes in banshee, my computer momentarily slows down and my mouse control stops for like half a second. This is particularly bad while playing games. Also, the grey rectangles that show up on the upper left kind of bug me, whenever they show up, my parents are in the area, and one of my friends is always shooting me a vulgar / sex related IM or a song like "f--- you" by cee lo green pops up. How do i stop these annoying things?

PhantmKllr
May 13th, 2011, 11:33 PM
You could try updating to the latest version of Banshee http://banshee.fm. As to the notification problem, simply close the application responsible. If it's chat's you're worried about, close Empathy (and I don't mean close the window, go in the menu and completely exit the program). If you don't want to see social notifications, close Gwibber.

twtgd09
May 16th, 2011, 03:32 PM
But that's just dumb, i want to have pidgin open, but i dont want notifications. What moron designed this notifications system?

mdshann
May 16th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Most programs have the option to disable notification in their settings. I haven't used pidgin in a while so I don't remember where it is exactly.

wildmanne39
May 17th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Everytime the song changes in banshee, my computer momentarily slows down and my mouse control stops for like half a second. This is particularly bad while playing games. Also, the grey rectangles that show up on the upper left kind of bug me, whenever they show up, my parents are in the area, and one of my friends is always shooting me a vulgar / sex related IM or a song like "f--- you" by cee lo green pops up. How do i stop these annoying things?
For your first issue is sounds like your cpu is over taxed or memory that is might be the problem.