PDA

View Full Version : The Expendables 2

lovinglinux
May 13th, 2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764651/

Why Hollywood, why? Seriously!

Usually sequels are worse than the originals, but can this one beat the first movie? I couldn't even finish watching the first one.

I guess the title is a pun, because the movie itself is totally expendable and a pure waste of time.

K_45
May 13th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Precisely. The golden days of these films in the late 80's and throughout the 90's is gone. Think Lundgren, Seagal, Dascascos, Norris, Lamas, Van Damme, you remember those great films where the plots were paper thin, and when people were shot they bled profusely from squibs? No more, instead we have rubbish PG movies and even worse CG blood. Look at the Expendables. It failed on that part.

weasel fierce
May 14th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I rather enjoyed the first one but the old style action movie pretty much never got better than Commando.

Still waiting for something to top that one :)

Bandit
May 14th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I rather thought The Expendables wasnt half bad. But then again I grow up watching late 80s and early 90s shoot-em and blow-em-up movies like Die Hard, Tango and Cash and Lethal Weapon movies...

Of course then I liked Machete (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/) also.. lol

tgm4883
May 14th, 2011, 02:29 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764651/

Why Hollywood, why? Seriously!

Usually sequels are worse than the originals, but can this one beat the first movie? I couldn't even finish watching the first one.

I guess the title is a pun, because the movie itself is totally expendable and a pure waste of time.

/me looks at the Netflix envelope that came today with The Expendables in it.

I may have made a mistake :oops:

lovinglinux
May 14th, 2011, 02:43 AM
/me looks at the Netflix envelope that came today with The Expendables in it.

I may have made a mistake :oops:

Sorry :lol:

I looking to an envelope with "Vampires Suck". I started to watch it, but is also bad.

I tried to rent the newly arrived "Capricorn One" for tomorrow, but I guess there are no more copies available.

drawkcab
May 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM
The Expendables was an awful movie.

ElSlunko
May 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
It's just one of those movies that was so bad it was good for me and my friends. We will be there for Expendables 2 I'm sure.

LowSky
May 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Bad movies that make lots of profit, help make great movies that bomb at the theaters.

Expendables wasn't Shakespeare but it wasn't supposed to be. Stallone himself said it was a homage to the old action movies. It was supposed to be a good time.

tgm4883
May 17th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. That movie was all kinda of awesome. Sure it's not going to win an emmy, but for what it was it is a pretty good movie.

Oxwivi
May 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I don't watch movies, I just watch Pirates of the Caribbean! Nothing beats it, nothing will - period.

tgm4883
May 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I don't watch movies, I just watch Pirates of the Caribbean! Nothing beats it, nothing will - period.

Err, thanks for the input (wtf?)

Oxwivi
May 17th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Err, thanks for the input (wtf?)
Sorry for bewildering you, but just wanted to make a point that nothing in Hollywood really entertains me except for PotC.

tgm4883
May 17th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Sorry for bewildering you, but just wanted to make a point that nothing in Hollywood really entertains me except for PotC.

You've missed some pretty good movies then, but I guess it depends on what you like.

Bandit
May 17th, 2011, 06:04 AM

I simply love the PotC movies.. They are pretty close to my favorite movies ever.
Johnny Depth is simply a superb nutcase.. He basically makes the whole movie series what they are..

Onoku
May 17th, 2011, 06:17 AM
You are all crazy! The Expendables was great. Sure the acting wasn't good but neither was the acting in any of the rambos. The Expendables was about testosterone filled action and it did that quite well. I mean really, the scene with the AA-12... AWESOME!

I am a simple man though, and quite easy to please.

danbuter
May 17th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I liked The Expendables. It was a fun movie. I will watch part 2, as well.

Throne777
May 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Expendables was an excellent film, or rather, it was everything I wanted it to be; utterly mindless fun with fantastic action scenes & the odd childish joke.

sostentado
May 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM
yeah!

BrokenKingpin
May 17th, 2011, 06:50 PM
The first one was good in my opinion. The movie was not trying to take it self serious... just pure action goodness. A side note... Rambo4 was also awesome.