PDA

View Full Version : Unity and Razer Naga

michaugt
May 13th, 2011, 12:15 AM
My first week with Unity wasnt so much a productivity nightmare but definatlly a slow down. I have used windows 3.1-vista and Linux starting with Mandrake 7.0 and they have all felt natural, allowing me to do what i wanted when i wanted.

I knew going in that Unity is not perfect but i had a hard enough time installing it that i really wanted to try my best to use it long term.

I have found that Unity for end users is absolutly perfect. All it takes is modern technology to make it so and why not? Its about the future right?

With that said, The Razer Naga mouse http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900/categoryId.35208800 is with out a doubt Unity's best friend.

The 12 keys on the side give me most everything i need right at my thumb. no hassles, no opening 10 menus to get where i am going. no crazy combinations of Alt Ctrl and shift to work with.

The mouse does eat up use of the number pad but i think for most users thats alright(can also be worked around).

So anyone else tried this out? I think it would be wise to stamp a seal of approval on this hardware and recommend it for Unity based systems. Maybe even get some easy to bind software rolled out for it.

Anyways, just wanted to say Unity is great and all it takes is the right hardware. If you're a heavy mouse user with 80 USD to drop and you want a better experience it will be money well spent.

Thanks for reading =)