PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] nameserver not working after installing ispconfig3 in apache2

bruce2wayne
May 12th, 2011, 11:41 PM
hi, guys this is shan and i'm quite new to ubuntu and recently(i mean just hours back) i installed lamp server with ispconfig3 as per the howtoforge documentation and after installing ispconfig successfully i get the error message when i start the apache server using the

/etc/init.d/apache2 startthe error message is as follows:

* Starting web server apache2 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
[Fri May 13 03:41:20 2011] [warn] NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.12:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Fri May 13 03:41:20 2011] [warn] NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.12:443 has no VirtualHosts
[ OK ]
and when i try to use the name in browser it either shows an error message that firefox couldn't find the server or goes to another domain, but when i type localhost it works fine, and when i typed the command

root@shan-lap:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled# apache2 -t
apache2: bad user name ${APACHE_RUN_USER}
and i did search around available solutions in the forum but it was of no help, so, please help me to work on this problem.

thanks in advance:P