PDA

View Full Version : Android app testers please?

plb
May 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I made a notepad similar to iPhone in appearance but more features. You can find it in the market by searching for classic notes or here is a link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassicl ite&feature=search_result

dh04000
May 13th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Make it link your notes to Ubuntu some how.

plb
June 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Make it link your notes to Ubuntu some how.

Yeah, a couple other people asked for some desktop software for it too.

plb
June 24th, 2011, 05:02 PM
New update released if anyone wants to give it a go. New features:

- To-do support w/ privacy options for password protection
- Priorities - Prioritize notes, to-do's, to-do tasks
- Sorting through notes, to-do's, tasks will remember your preference
- Attach To-do's to notes
- Tagging & tag sorting. From the sort menu you can choose the sort by tags option and a list will be presented with all tags you've entered and choosing one will display all notes/todo's with that tag.

plb
June 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM
BTW, feel free to offer suggestions guys!

lancest
June 25th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Is there an option to email your note?

plb
June 26th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Is there an option to email your note?

Yep, just hit menu>share :)

plb
June 27th, 2011, 09:26 PM
New update released for testers:

* Bug Fixes
* Reminders
* References:
Abbreviations
Dictionary
Etymology
Example Word Usage
Music Related
Postal Code Lookup
Question and Answer
Slang
Spelling Suggestions
Thesaurus
Album Art
Artist Information
Artist Image
Artists Similar to
Track Information

plb
July 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM
So I sent my laptop in for repairs and got it back with a wiped HD which was done without permission which in the process deleted my Android dev key which means I cannot update my existing apps in the market! Luckily I backed up all my code but totally forgot about my keystore Now I have to re-upload the apps and start with 0 ratings/reviews. If any of you guys can, please download and give a rating or review to my app. Here is a market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassicl ite&feature=more_from_developer

plb
July 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ok updated with a minimal titlebar style with buttons for easy access to functions. Tell me what you guys think.

SilverDragon
July 7th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I'd be glad to try it out on my Droid X with Gingerbread. I'm currently using Mobisle Notes. Have you tried that or any other note taking apps? Also, is there anything in particular you want me to test?

plb
July 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I'd be glad to try it out on my Droid X with Gingerbread. I'm currently using Mobisle Notes. Have you tried that or any other note taking apps? Also, is there anything in particular you want me to test?

I haven't tried that note app in particular but no nothing specific to test, just everything :P

SilverDragon
July 9th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Well I couldn't break your app trying to do things which is good. There are a lot of features I would never use that someone else might though. I'm pretty casual with note taking usually just for groceries and little to do lists which your app or Mobisle would work just fine for.

If there's anything in particular you want me to test then just let me know.

plb
July 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Well I couldn't break your app trying to do things which is good. There are a lot of features I would never use that someone else might though. I'm pretty casual with note taking usually just for groceries and little to do lists which your app or Mobisle would work just fine for.

If there's anything in particular you want me to test then just let me know.

Yes I know a lot of people just want a casual app which is why I made it that simple to work with but power features there also. Well anyway, glad to hear you couldn't break it :D

plb
July 11th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Updated with:

* Unit conversions
* Acceleration
* Area
* Bandwidth/Data Type
* Circular Measure
* Currency
* Energy
* Flow Rate
* Fuel Consumption
* Length/Distance
* Liquid Volume
* Planetary Age
* Planetary Weight
* Power
* Pressure
* Sound
* Time
* Temperature
* Weight/Mass
* Custom geotag locations
* Address lookup for geotag is now optional
* UI tweaks

plb
July 13th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Wow, I had the link in the original thread messed up lol. It's fixed now. :P

plb
July 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Updated:
* Extras>Weather (US only for now) I'm working on getting international weather up and running
* Added a settings screen
* Settings>preferred currency
* Settings>Font size options
* Settings>Zipcode
* Settings>typeface

plb
July 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Updated with the following changes:
Extras>Financial related>standard calculator - Due to many requests I've decided to add this in. It's just a standard calculator with multiply, divide, add, subtract
Settings>preferred weather unit - choose between imperial and metric for weather forecasts.
Mortgage Calculator w/ amortization table shows monthly payment, interest paid, total interest, principal paid, and balance for each period of the loan

plb
July 23rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Updated:
* Extras
* Word of the day
* Rhyming words
* Phrases
* Wikipedia search
* Film/Cinema extras
* Actor/actress lookup
* Film lookup
* Weather for non-US residents

plb
July 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
* Stock quotes
- Fitness related calculators
* Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
* Body Fat
* Body Mass Index (BMI)
* Daily Caloric Intake
* Max Heart Rate
* One Rep Max (1RM)
* Target Heart Rate
* Waist To Hip Ratio
* Water Intake
* Bug fix for postal code search

plb
July 30th, 2011, 05:24 PM
BTW, if anyone has any suggestions for things to go in extras just post it here :)

plb
July 31st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Androidtapp published a nice review if anyone wants to check it out. Here is a link: http://www.androidtapp.com/classic-notes-notepad-to-do/
I hope a few more places pick up on it. Google really screwed up the market as of late making it difficult to find when performing a keyword search. What's worse as of a couple of days ago. Half (give or take) of app ratings/comments vanished from apps in the market. Lots of angry devs over at Google forums. I hope they can sort it out.

plb
August 1st, 2011, 05:43 PM
Updated with some new extras:
* Ohm's law - resistance, voltage, current
* Random password generator

plb
August 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Need some testers for this update, please tell me if you have issues:

* import csv into note
* System monitor in extras
- Battery level percentage, status, health
- SD card total size, available space
- Memory usage - total and available memory
- Processor/CPU information
- Network information - ip address, wifi & mobile state
- GPS status

plb
August 6th, 2011, 03:13 PM
* Bug fix for weather using the metric system
* Added GPS option for retrieving weather

plb
August 8th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Updated with the following in extras:
* Holiday look-up for various countries includes date, type, bank holiday.
* Days until or countdown - countdown the days till a given date
* New question and answer option. Simply ask a question rather than provide a topic or subject

plb
August 10th, 2011, 06:05 PM
* Extras > Random number generator - Enter a range to choose between and have a random number generated
* Extras > URL Shortener - URL shortening service
* Per several requests I've added in an option to created bulleted lists within notes. Just hit menu>bulleted list entry
* tweaks and bug fixes

ilovesoad
August 10th, 2011, 06:52 PM
gave it a download, checking it out now.

plb
August 10th, 2011, 06:57 PM
gave it a download, checking it out now.

Awesome, let me know what you think

plb
August 12th, 2011, 01:57 PM
BTW, does anyone know someone that does Android app reviews? Looking to get the app reviewed. So far I've got lifeofandroid.com and acsyndicate.net who are going to do a review. If anyone knows someone please pass it along or message me. It is much appreciated! :)

plb
August 13th, 2011, 04:15 PM
To post an update regarding reviews. Androidcommunity, talkandroid, and appstorm will be doing a review so I'll post updates as they are released so everyone can check them out.

plb
August 14th, 2011, 02:47 PM
* Spelling and grammar checking added. To view suggestions from within the note hit menu>spell check

plb
August 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Got another site to do a review, http://androinica.com be sure to look for it and if you know any other sites that do reviews please pass the word along, thank you!

plb
August 15th, 2011, 07:11 PM
* Extras>Conversions
- Decimal to Roman Numeral
- WaveLength to RGB
* Extras>Timezone info
- Enter location manually or using GPS to gather timezone related info including dst,gst,raw offset, sunrise, sunset

plb
August 17th, 2011, 01:46 PM
BTW, anyone got any interesting ideas for things I can add in extras?

plb
August 18th, 2011, 02:44 PM
A review has been posted by techzek.com. Here is the review if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.techzek.com/android-app-classic-notes-review-features-ease-of-use/

plb
August 19th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Updated:
* Tweaks
* Extras> Whois lookup

plb
August 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM
BTW, what does everyone think about the default font size. Is it too small or ok?

plb
August 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Came across this site which lists the app in the category of "7 handy apps for quick notes" Here is a link if you want to check out the article:
http://techsplurge.com/4681/7-handy-apps-quick-notes-android/

plb
August 23rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Review up from Androinica:
http://androinica.com/2011/08/classic-notes-app-box-review/

plb
August 25th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Classic notes made app of the day at Phandroid :)
http://phandroid.com/2011/08/24/apps-of-the-day-sleipnir-classic-notes-lite-and-more/

tmette
August 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Classic notes made app of the day at Phandroid :)
http://phandroid.com/2011/08/24/apps-of-the-day-sleipnir-classic-notes-lite-and-more/

Congrats man, I'm sure that'll help get the name out there. I've always wanted to make an Android app, just haven't put forth any effort yet to do it. Plus there are always dozens of others out there. I think the hardest part would be to start coming up at the top of searches.

plb
August 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Congrats man, I'm sure that'll help get the name out there. I've always wanted to make an Android app, just haven't put forth any effort yet to do it. Plus there are always dozens of others out there. I think the hardest part would be to start coming up at the top of searches.

You are exactly right and especially now. It used to be better when the market had the "Just In" section but now that they eliminated it it's rather difficult unless you are some huge company and can afford to advertise.

plb
August 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
For next release here's what I have planned thus far. If you have any other suggestions let me know.

* Add Korean Won
* Severe weather alerts
* Revert note to initial state
* Folders
* Link notes together

plb
August 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Review from talkandroid now up :)
http://www.talkandroid.com/56247-classic-notes-lite-is-simple-yet-rich-in-features-available-in-the-android-market/

plb
August 30th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Review up at Modaco
http://android.modaco.com/topic/345468-review-classic-notes-lite/

plb
August 31st, 2011, 04:33 PM
New review up at appstorm:
http://android.appstorm.net/reviews/productivity-reviews/classic-notes-taking-all-in-one-to-a-new-level/

plb
September 1st, 2011, 02:59 PM
I've uploaded a bug fix for a couple of various bits of extras>conversions were force closing.

plb
September 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Review up at AndroidGuys:
http://www.androidguys.com/2011/08/31/review-classic-notes-android/

plb
September 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Filling some user requests....
* Severe weather alerts added in extras
* The ability to link one note to another. Useful if for instance you'd like to link a reference note to something else.

plb
September 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
New review up from android-apps:
http://android-apps.com/articles/classic-notes-lite-app-box-android-app-review/

dummy910
September 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
This app comes along at the perfect time for me!
Nice work!
I just added this to my Droid as will use it several times each day...

plb
September 5th, 2011, 04:23 PM
This app comes along at the perfect time for me!
Nice work!
I just added this to my Droid as will use it several times each day...

Awesome! Glad to hear

Spr0k3t
September 5th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Well polished notes... I'd love to see a few features added though.

Personal color options. Anything besides the drab grey and pinkish color. Give the user a few options to customize the default color, or allow for themes so they can change the background.
Give a method to title the note other than just the first so many characters. Tablets have a huge blank area when just taking the first so many characters. I'll be happy to help debug and test on the tablet element.
What about allowing *boldfaced* _underlined_ and /italicized/ formatting?
The ability to share the same notes across any other android device... I would expect this last one to only be in the paid version.

This is a better app than what I have come up with so far. I'm quite impressed with it. If you would like some help building/debugging, let me know.

plb
September 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Well polished notes... I'd love to see a few features added though.

Personal color options. Anything besides the drab grey and pinkish color. Give the user a few options to customize the default color, or allow for themes so they can change the background.
Give a method to title the note other than just the first so many characters. Tablets have a huge blank area when just taking the first so many characters. I'll be happy to help debug and test on the tablet element.
What about allowing *boldfaced* _underlined_ and /italicized/ formatting?
The ability to share the same notes across any other android device... I would expect this last one to only be in the paid version.

This is a better app than what I have come up with so far. I'm quite impressed with it. If you would like some help building/debugging, let me know.

Thanks for the suggestions. Some are already planned...it's just a matter of finding the time to implement. Glad you like it though! Don't forget to rate it too :P

plb
September 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Anyone know of a good lyrics API?

plb
September 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
App of the Day @ Gizmodo yesterday :)
http://gizmodo.com/5837752/classic-notes-%252B-app-box-for-android-like-a-better-iphone-notes-app-for-your-android-phone

plb
September 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM
New update posted filling some more user requests....
* You can now sort by "notes only" or "todos only" via menu>sort
* You can now send notes to pastebin by viewing a note and hitting menu>pastebin
* Revert to initial note state. As the name implies you can now revert to the initial state of the note via menu>revert to initial state
* Tweaks & bugfixes

plb
September 10th, 2011, 01:03 AM
New update:
* You can now share individual sketches, photos, files, audio, and video by clicking the item within a note and selecting "share"
* Bug fixes with audio recorder on older devices.
* Audio recorder now uses AMR and has a recognizable extension in file managers.
* Made an option in the note menu to send notes to Google Docs, Dropbox etc. Just specify the desired name and send.
* Revert note to intial state option added

plb
September 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
If anyone wants to leave a rating, the app was reviewed on appolicious:
http://www.androidapps.com/finance/apps/730862-classic-notes-lite-app-box-fluffy-delusions

earthpigg
September 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hi,

Any chance you are going to put it in any of the non-Google markets for those of us on unsupported devices? Amazon Appstore, for example? :)

plb
September 11th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I've got a few e-mails regarding an alternate place to download so I'm posting on getjar. Someone actually already got a hold of my apk and uploaded a copy to that site sometime ago. Not sure who but it's definitely not a recent copy and I contacted the site regarding it. I'll post back when the copy goes live. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about it.

plb
September 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Hi,

Any chance you are going to put it in any of the non-Google markets for those of us on unsupported devices? Amazon Appstore, for example? :)

Yep, see above post :)

plb
September 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Just to post an update because I've had so many e-mails regarding folder support. Just to let everyone know it will be in the next update. I got a big majority of it done today

plb
September 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Updated released with the following:
* Folder support added
* Folder sort options include alpha, last accessed, newest, oldest
* Rename and delete folder options available in context menu

Please e-mail me or respond to this thread if you have any problems, suggestions, etc. Thanks!

plb
September 14th, 2011, 03:17 PM
New review up at droiddog if anyone wants to check it out:
http://www.droiddog.com/android-blog/2011/09/app-review-classic-note-lite/

plb
September 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
New update released:
* Private folders added
* Fixed issue when creating a new note in a folder it didn't default to that folder

plb
September 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Classic notes is in the "hot today" list at Appbrain!
http://www.appbrain.com/app/classic-notes-lite-app-box/com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassiclite

plb
September 19th, 2011, 07:59 PM
New update released:
* You now have the option to create sketch only notes rather than attaching them
* Context menu and titlebar buttons added to sketch notes
* Per several requests an insert timestamp feature has been added to notes.

Please don't forget to rate if you haven't already :)

plb
September 20th, 2011, 06:55 PM
New release:
* Audio pronunciations added - Download audio pronunciations of words
* Syllables - find the syllables and number of in a word
* Bugfixes

plb
September 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM
A video review has been posted online by AndroidAuthority/Anythingandroid. The written review will be up later this month. Here's a link to the video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8u2oZ3KYNs

plb
September 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
New update posted:
* Read-only mode added. Long press a note and select read only. Using this mode will also enable clickable links such as URL's, e-mail, phone numbers etc.
* Option in settings to display creation date in main list rather than modification date
* Bugfixes

plb
September 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Just to keep everyone updated I'm going to try and get the following features into the next release:
* 5 words for title
* customize title
* Shortcut to folders on homescreen
* Read only by default option
* Theme / color options

plb
September 26th, 2011, 04:39 PM
New update posted:

* Shortcut to individual folders and folder listing on homescreen
- long press a folder -> Homescreen shortcut
- Hit menu -> Homescreen shortcut from the folder screen to add shortcut to entire folder listings
* Read only by default option added in settings
* Customize note title to something other than the first 3 words of main body
* Using custom titles you can also have longer titles (30 characters)
- From within a note menu -> edit title
- Leave blank to reset to default title

plb
October 11th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I'm starting work on various themes. Anyone want to give me some color suggestions to put in? I'm already going to do a white lined style

plb
January 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hey everyone had some time to do some work with Android (finally!) I've updated classic notes with the following changes:

- Tweaked various menus within the app
- Custom backup & restore options added
- Backup database to dropbox & other locations
- Added option to import CSV as a list of notes

Here is the market link for convenience:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.enotesclassicl ite&feature=search_result

plb
January 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Hey guys just to let everyone know the lite version had an issue where the menu button wasn't showing up on honeycomb devices. This is now fixed in the latest release.

plb
January 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
New update released:

- Edit menu added to note titlebar to easily access options
- Geotag menu options added. Click on a geotag'd note and easily display tz/weather,wikipedia info for tagged location.
- Extras>Wikipedia entries nearby using GPS added

plb
January 16th, 2012, 02:38 PM
BTW, does anyone have some interesting ideas I can add in extras?

plb
January 17th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Updated:

- Extras > synonyms
- Extras > Music related > Event search by artist
- Extras > Music related > Event search via GPS position

treesurf
January 18th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Wow, how'd you fit so many features into such a small apk? Very nicely done app.

plb
January 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Wow, how'd you fit so many features into such a small apk? Very nicely done app.

plb
January 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Updated with the following:

- Extras > Urban dictionary
- Bug fixes & tweaks

plb
January 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM

- Extras > Mapping
-> Address nearest point
-> Coordinates of address
-> Nearby populated place
-> Nearby toponym

plb
January 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
- Added an additional theme that blends well with ICS. Access it via the main settings menu.

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/flgmo.png
http://i.imgur.com/jUFwo.png

- Audio recorder bug fix

plb
January 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM
So what does everyone think of the new theme? Also, if you guys noticed anything I missed with the theme please let me know :)

plb
February 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
So I'm planning on creating some sort of quick bar at the bottom of notes (optional of course) for easy and quick access to certain things that a lot of people request such as inserting bullet point, tab, etc probably about 5 functions will fit. So what does everyone think will be the best items to put down there? I probably need about 3 more.

1) Bullet points
2) Tab
3)...
4)...
5)...

Ideas?

plb
February 4th, 2012, 01:48 AM
No suggestions? =\

plb
February 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
bumping for suggestions for my above post. Need at least more :)

plb
February 8th, 2012, 06:16 PM
New version posted:

- Bug fix for fitness calculators force close
- Trim trailing/leading spaces option added to edit menu
- Case conversion added to edit menu
- Mass folder import - Will import all text files within a given folder

plb
February 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM
New update:
- Extras>film related>Rotten Tomatoes
- Extras>words that rhyme with>rhymebrain
- Extras>Random quote

plb
February 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM
New update with filling some user requests I've been receiving:

- Note menu> Copy to folder
- Note menu> Highlight whitespace & TAB
- Insert timestamp now has options for time only (12hr), time only (24hr), time and date
- Removed confirmation when inserting timestamp
- Note menu> Reference > Dictionary & Thesaurus
- Note menu>Case convert>Capitlize first letter of every word
- Note menu>Case convert>Capitlize first letter of every sentence
- Extras>Conversions>Length/Distance>Millimeter unit

plb
February 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Anyone good with inkscape? Would love a nice set of hand drawn style icons but my inkscape skills are terrible :(

plb
February 15th, 2012, 07:30 PM
New update, filling some more user requests:

- Numerical list entries added in note menu
- Alphabetical list entries added in note menu
- You can now build bullet, alphabetical, and numerical lists in one go. No more going to menu to add a single entry. Just hit enter in the dialog to add a new item.
- Bug fix where inserting timestamp displayed the wrong message
- When exporting todo's you can now customize the title of the exported file
- You can now build a folder list from CSV. From the folder screen, menu>import CSV

plb
February 18th, 2012, 08:17 PM
New update, filling some more user requests:

- Alignment fix for stopwatch
- You can now export/share todo lists in a more printer friendly manner. It will display a numerical list along with task status
- Settings> Text alignment (left, right, center)
- Attached files will now display filename within the note.

plb
February 19th, 2012, 09:56 PM
So I'm going to be adding the ability to choose statusbar icons soon. Any icon requests?

donniezazen
February 20th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I have started taking notes exclusively in Evernote. Evernote and/or Google Docs integration would be great.

treesurf
February 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
How about a menu option in the to-do list that deletes all crossed out items on the list? For example, if I'm shopping and I buy several things on my list it's a pain to delete them all one by one.

plb
February 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM
How about a menu option in the to-do list that deletes all crossed out items on the list? For example, if I'm shopping and I buy several things on my list it's a pain to delete them all one by one.

Nice idea. But also not sure if you're aware if you hit the left most button and choose status-pending it will hide all completed tasks. Does that work in the mean time?

plb
February 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I have started taking notes exclusively in Evernote. Evernote and/or Google Docs integration would be great.

Yes, I have to work on a sync solution of sorts.

plb
February 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
New update:

- UI tweaks
- Custom statusbar entries. You can now choose between 70 statusbar icons and also customize the title
- Completed todo tasks will now display completion time

plb
February 29th, 2012, 06:07 PM
New update:
- Bug fix where certain UK postal codes weren't displaying info from extras>postal code search
- Extras>postal code search> nearby codes via GPS position
- Minor tweaks for various extras and how returned data is displayed
- REQUEST FILLED: Disable links when in read-only mode

plb
March 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
New Update:
- Bug fix release

plb
March 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Minor update posted - Bug fix where standard calculator wasn't displaying decimals

plb
April 18th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Updated with minor tweaks

plb
April 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Update posted:

- Bugfixes
- Extras>Airport codes - search via IATA code or city
- Extras>Bi-gram phrases
- Extras>Area codes (US only)
- Added the application to the "share" menu
- Extras>Countdown timer

plb
April 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
New version:

- Bugfixes
- Folder sharing - share folder contents
- You can now access top rated colors from colourlovers.com from within a sketch note. Clicking a color will change your brush color. You can find this option from the edit menu

plb
May 10th, 2012, 01:37 PM
New update:

- Bugfix where notes starting with a timestamp were not being saved

plb
June 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Updated OP to point to correct link

plb
June 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM
New update:

+ Extras>mapping>country info - Displays capital, languages, population, currency, area, lat&lng of a given country
+ Extras>mapping>Neighbourhood - Neighbourhood info using lat&lng
+ Elevation - Get current elevation based on lat&lng
+ Option to export all notes as individual text files. All files will be placed in a timestamped directory.
+ Option to export all todos as individual CSV files. All files will be placed in a timestamped directory.

plb
June 27th, 2012, 08:34 PM
New update:

+ Display note information in real time as you type such as line numbers, characters, and word count. You can toggle this setting through the main menu>settings
+ Delete marked for todo will delete all checked/completed items

Dlambert
June 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
If anyone was Wondering you can test this in windows via bluestacks (vs the Android SDK)

plb
July 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
New release posted to the market. Just minor bugfix release

bradhaack
July 2nd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Are the files saved in a plain text format, easily shared with linux?

How about a file encryption option?

plb
July 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Are the files saved in a plain text format, easily shared with linux?

How about a file encryption option?

Do you mean when you export a note? No it's just a plain text file so it will be easily shared with Linux. I can add an encryption option.

bradhaack
July 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Do you mean when you export a note? No it's just a plain text file so it will be easily shared with Linux. I can add an encryption option.

I don't really want to import or export anything, just want to edit a text file (& encrypt some files). Example: I have txt files in /mnt/sdcard/Notes. It looks like your application doesn't just load a file, but it can import a directory? I tried importing that directory and get an error: "path must not be blank"

plb
July 2nd, 2012, 08:39 PM
I don't really want to import or export anything, just want to edit a text file (& encrypt some files). Example: I have txt files in /mnt/sdcard/Notes. It looks like your application doesn't just load a file, but it can import a directory? I tried importing that directory and get an error: "path must not be blank"

Yeah you can import a whole directory or a single file. For path blank issue just type the path. Most file managers will give you the path to the directory just copy that and input it.

plb
July 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Anyone want to test the new folder quickbar feature out? You can access it via the settings menu. Here is the apk:
http://www.2shared.com/file/FpjOu760/NotesLite.html

plb
July 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Update:

+ Folder quickbar - quickly access your folders from the main screen. This is optional and can be toggled via the settings menu
+ Sort by various attached media such as notes containing: images, audio, video, sketches
+ Sort by geotag info

plb
July 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Can anyone test out the new shopping list feature? Here is the apk:
http://www.2shared.com/file/dxImv_d1/NotesLite.html?

plb
July 7th, 2012, 03:46 PM
New update:

+ Shopping list
- Allows for quantity and price
- Automaticallys adds amounts and displays total amount as well as remaining amount based on what you've already crossed off
- Allows for sorting by price and/or quantity as well as the usual suspects found in the todo list

plb
July 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Update:
+ This fixes an issue where putting this app in the background while typing a note would return the cursor postion to the beginning of a note. This fix simply places it where you left off.

plb
July 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
New update:
+ Sort by private notes option added
+ Comments e.g. subnotes added. You can now build a list of subnotes within notes. This feature can be access via the edit menu in the top left of a note.
+ Various minor fixes

plb
July 11th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Just FYI the update I pushed out last night was nothing but a minor bugfix

plb
July 18th, 2012, 05:04 PM
New update:
+ Extras>wallpapers - Choose between colors, patterns, and palettes. Note favorites, share, and of course set wallpaper :)

ikt
July 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM
good work :)

plb
July 19th, 2012, 01:14 AM
good work :)

Thanks!

plb
July 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM
What's new:

- Fixed bug where notes with custom titles were not being sorted alphabetically. Changes take effect on newly created or updated notes from this version forward.
- Per request added option in shopping list that uses text to speech to tell grand total along with reminaing balance.
- Extras>Recipe of the Day - get a new recipe every day

plb
July 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
What's new:

- Adjusted titlebar colors to give it a more legal pad look - if anyone prefers the old look, e-mail me and I'll see about adding it in as an option to revert back to original colors
- Extras>Randomize list - This extra will randomize a given list

sffvba[e0rt
July 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Just watched the video on the play store site... got to say it can do so much (funny that the one thing I might really like for it to do it can't :p (Oh, which is to post directly to a WordPress site as a new blog post))...

plb
July 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Just watched the video on the play store site... got to say it can do so much (funny that the one thing I might really like for it to do it can't :p (Oh, which is to post directly to a WordPress site as a new blog post))...

Hm, isn't there a wordpress app? If there is I'm sure you can just use the share option and post to wordpress. BTW, that video is pretty old. Lots more stuff in it now :)

sffvba[e0rt
July 23rd, 2012, 11:11 PM
Hm, isn't there a wordpress app? If there is I'm sure you can just use the share option and post to wordpress. BTW, that video is pretty old. Lots more stuff in it now :)

Very new to Android... checking it out now (should be in bed :p)

plb
July 24th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Minor bugfix release posted. It just addresses an issue for alphabetical sorting which was taking into account case sensitivity

plb
July 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
New update:

- Per MANY requests Extras -> flashlight
- You can now change the background color for sketch notes
- Folder details - long press a folder and select folder details to view create and last access dates as well as privacy and note count

plb
August 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM
New update posted:

- Per requests in the XDA thread - Ongoing statusbar bar events have been added to notes, todos, and shopping lists. You can have as many notifications as you like and they will not disappear once clicked.

plb
August 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
New update posted:

- Bug fix that was causing crash when attaching a file
- Note option to remove blank lines added
- Note option to remove duplicate lines added

plb
August 5th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Anyone care to test out the latest features before I upload to the market?

Here is what is new:
- Edit menu within notes is now more organized and structured
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Case conversions>sWITCH cASE - will switch the case of text within a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Escapes - URL encode/decode a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Word Occurrences - Shows the number of occurrences for every word in a note as well as percentage.
- Note details now contains the number of sentences as well as spaces.
- Settings>update todo and shopping list title in main view to reflect current status. Will take effect on newly created and updated todos/shopping lists. Just enter a list and hit back and it should update.

APK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ses8af

plb
August 5th, 2012, 05:07 PM
New update posted:

- Edit menu within notes is now more organized and structured
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Case conversions>sWITCH cASE - will switch the case of text within a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Escapes - URL encode/decode a note
- Note>Edit menu>Text Utilities>Word Occurrences - Shows the number of occurrences for every word in a note as well as percentage.
- Note details now contains the number of sentences as well as spaces.
- Settings>update todo and shopping list title in main view to reflect current status. Will take effect on newly created and updated todos/shopping lists. Just enter a list and hit back and it should update.
- To-dos and shopping lists now have icons for checked/unchecked items/tasks

jebus_beler
August 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hi plb,

I've tried scanning the thread (quickly) and checking online to find the answer but is this project open source or not?

thanks

plb
August 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi plb,

I've tried scanning the thread (quickly) and checking online to find the answer but is this project open source or not?

thanks

Not this one in particular, no.

plb
September 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Minor update posted...
- Filling some user requests:
1) XML escapes/unescapes in the note>text utilties menu.
2) Text utilities>String conversions - convert a string to hex and vice versa

plb
September 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
New update posted:

1) Text Utilities -> Escape/Unescape URI
2) Text Utilities -> Base64 encode/decode
3) Text Utilities -> Word occurrences will now display unique word count, lexical density, and total word count.
4) Text Utilities -> Word lengths - similiarly to word occurences this will display stats on the various word lengths used throughout the note
5) Minor bug fixes

plb
September 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
New update posted:

1) Text Utilities -> Merged word lengths + occurences into statistics
2) Text Utilities -> Statistics -> Average word length
3) Text Utilities -> Statistics -> Characters without spaces
4) Menu>backup/restore->Auto backup - automatically backup database to SD on app exit.

ads2996
September 14th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your laptop.
Just downloading the app now, but from reading some of your posts the app looks good.

plb
September 15th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your laptop.
Just downloading the app now, but from reading some of your posts the app looks good.
Got a new laptop now anyway :)

ads2996
September 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I tested your app and im very impressed. I think a good addition would be a widget would be nice. One that would show a to do list, and u can also check off tasks. I will get round to reviewing on the market soon.

plb
September 15th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I tested your app and im very impressed. I think a good addition would be a widget would be nice. One that would show a to do list, and u can also check off tasks. I will get round to reviewing on the market soon.

Yeah, I have to work on widget support still.

plb
October 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Had a bit of time to work on the app today so put in the following:

+ Native reminders for shopping lists and todo's
+ Extras>text compare - compare two bodies of text and hilight all the differences for easy comparison

plb
October 15th, 2012, 08:30 PM
+ Extras>Text compare now allows for importing and comparing text files
+ Hotstrings - Similar to hotkeys, hotstrings are a great way of saving time for frequently used phrases and wording. To access/create a list of hotstrings, from the main menu choose the Hotstrings option then simply enter a shortcut word on the left then enter some text to the right and save. To apply a hotstring, from within a note hit the edit menu in the top left and click the hotstring on the lower bar you wish to apply.

fontis
October 15th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Btw dude.
Great job!
There's a huge silent userbase that dooesn't let you know how amazing your app is. Keep up the good work!

plb
October 15th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Btw dude.
Great job!
There's a huge silent userbase that dooesn't let you know how amazing your app is. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :)

plb
December 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM

+ Added import text file option within a note. This will append a files contents to an existing note.
+ You can now perform a search based on word length within a note.
+ Reverse string option added to text utilities
+ Added alignment options within a note - left, center, right. Can be found in text utilities.
+ Text utilties>URL extractor. This will extract all URLs from a given note and display them for easy clicking. Useful when not in read-only mode.
+ Multi-word search. Search for multiple words in one go and hilight them.
+ Minor tweaks here and there :P

plb
December 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Uploaded a minor update. Just changed the app icon up a bit and made it a bit larger

plb
December 12th, 2012, 06:14 PM

- Zar added to currency preference (request)
- Cut at width option added in text utilities - Will cut every line of text in a note at the specified width
- Split pane option added. Open 2 notes/files in a single view. Nice for comparison or reference. Can also highlight differences between the two texts. Both views can be saved. Can be accessed from the note edit menu.
- Option added to place cursor position at either the beginning or end of a note when opening.
- Bug fixes

plb
December 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Updated:
- Added option for hotstrings to be placed at cursor position as opposed to mass replacement of the shortcut word (though that is still there if you like that method)
- Added split-pane clone option. This will simply copy the current note into the split-pane.
- Added a help dialog for hotstrings (top right) in case anyone is unsure of what it actually is lol.
- Hotstrings can now be access from the "new" menu

plb
January 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Uploaded update:
- Added option to copy todo tasks to other todos
- Homescreen shortcut now have the option of creating a custom title