PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A few problems.

Ryhizuke
May 12th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I got 2 problems in Ubuntu 11.04. The first one is when i want to install ubuntu 11.04 i cant because I actually get black screen and can't see anything on me screen.

The second problem is more likely driver issues of my headset Logitech G35. It has 7.1 surround sound but I can't get it to operate in the good way it should.

Sorry for my bad English, I aint English and i,m still 16 years old haha.

jerrrys
May 12th, 2011, 10:04 PM
did you give that black screen plenty of time to go away? you are running off a cd.

Ryhizuke
May 12th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I,m using wubi and a Nvidia 9600 GT. When i press on enter at the option ubuntu my screen goes black and my computer screen says:''No screen found'' and it goes off.

jerrrys
May 12th, 2011, 10:10 PM
never done wubi so sorry can't help

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?cx=006238239194895611142%3Au-ocqbntw_o&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=wubi&as_qdr=all&sa=Google+Search&lang=en#851

Ryhizuke
May 12th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I have the same problems on a CD.

Other boot or video problems

Some hardware is not fully compatible and Wubi will freeze upon booting (ACPI) and/or you may experience video problems. Those are not Wubi specific issues. There are generally special parameters that are required to enable workarounds for such hardware. If you press ESC at boot after selecting "Ubuntu" you will see a menu with more boot options. If the workarounds do the trick, we encourage you to notify the developers, so that a long-term solution can be investigated.

Whats written here i already tried ,i got trough the installation, when my computer tries to do his first boot on ubuntu 11.04 it give's the same problem.

bcbc
May 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Try using nomodeset: How to set NOMODESET and other kernel boot options in grub2 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132)

Ryhizuke
May 12th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I,m not really knowledge for those kind of thing, but i thought of something to do it. I,m now running on my intergrated graphic card intel where it does work(my graphic card is broken but can be repaired so it take like a few days) when the installation is done etc. I could install the nvidia drivers.