PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Launcher doesn't remember icons

vaibhav
May 12th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I recently upgraded from Lucid to Natty. I'm having this issue where the icons in the Launcher are not being "remembered". I always see these "LibreOffice Writer", "LibreOffice Calc", etc. icons. I don't want them, so I uncheck "Keep in Launcher" option of the corresponding icons. And also add new icons that I want, like "Terminal". But when I log out & log back in, the default icons are seen.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks.
Vaibhav

GonZo
May 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I've the same problem, after reboot or close session the launcher icons come back to initial state, including the ones I've removed.

halfak
June 12th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I'm stuck with the same issue. I just tried out gnome3 (big mistake) and finished reverting back to Unity(using ppa-purge). As far as I can tell, this is the only issue I have left to resolve.

christoph411
June 12th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Doing a reset MIGHT help, but I'm doubtfull... but it's worth a try! :)

unity --reset

wildmanne39
June 12th, 2011, 04:33 AM
I recently upgraded from Lucid to Natty. I'm having this issue where the icons in the Launcher are not being "remembered". I always see these "LibreOffice Writer", "LibreOffice Calc", etc. icons. I don't want them, so I uncheck "Keep in Launcher" option of the corresponding icons. And also add new icons that I want, like "Terminal". But when I log out & log back in, the default icons are seen.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks.
VaibhavHi, sometimes there is a issue with them staying in the launcher, but have you opened the program that you want in the launcher then clicked keep in launcher while the program is open? Also you can click on the power users guide in my signature it has ways of creating new launchers and a lot more.

yanom
June 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Doing a reset MIGHT help, but I'm doubtfull... but it's worth a try! :)

unity --reset

tried it, then this happened:
WARNING: Unity currently default profile, so switching to metacity while resetting the values
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/unity", line 198, in <module>
reset_unity_compiz_profile ()
File "/usr/bin/unity", line 85, in reset_unity_compiz_profile
subprocess.Popen(["metacity", "--replace"]) #TODO: check if compiz is indeed running
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 672, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1213, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

felixbur
August 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I have the same problem: installed natty and the unity launcher does not remember the icons after reboot. libdconf0 and dconf-tools are installed.
cheers,
felix

Krytarik
August 11th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I have the same problem: installed natty and the unity launcher does not remember the icons after reboot. libdconf0 and dconf-tools are installed.

Then just reinstall "libdconf0", and then relogin.

http://ubuntu4beginners.blogspot.com/2011/07/unity-reset-after-restart-relogin.html

Greetings.

felixbur
August 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM
>Then just reinstall "libdconf0", and then relogin.

thanks!
this helped

cheers,
felix