PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant use multi touch and scrolling on Ubuntu 11.04

sheikhumar
May 12th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Hello, Im kinda new to Ubuntu and linux based OS. I have just installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my VAIO EB series. Everything works fine except the touch pad, I cant get the scrolling or multi touch to work on Ubuntu which worked perfectly fine on WIndows 7. Windows 7 used the Alps pointing device. In system settings Ubuntu recognizes this as a touch pad, I have checked Edge Scrolling but scrolling still does not work. Any ideas?
On this laptop I have a ATI 5650 mobility, do I need to install any additional drivers or are Ubuntu drivers fine? In additional drivers Ubuntu gives me a suggestion to install a proprietry driver. Do I need to install that?
Finally, can you guys please help me out on how to access data in my Windows 7 partition. All my music, documents and videos are on that partition. How can I use them on Ubuntu?
Thanks for your help.

deonis
May 12th, 2011, 04:40 AM
its a bug, a same here

CreativeReach
May 16th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know how to install the drivers? i have a lenovo ideapad y550, and multitouch pad isn't working.

fritz269
May 16th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Hello, Im kinda new to Ubuntu and linux based OS. I have just installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my VAIO EB series. Everything works fine except the touch pad, I cant get the scrolling or multi touch to work on Ubuntu which worked perfectly fine on WIndows 7. Windows 7 used the Alps pointing device. In system settings Ubuntu recognizes this as a touch pad, I have checked Edge Scrolling but scrolling still does not work. Any ideas?
On this laptop I have a ATI 5650 mobility, do I need to install any additional drivers or are Ubuntu drivers fine? In additional drivers Ubuntu gives me a suggestion to install a proprietry driver. Do I need to install that?
Finally, can you guys please help me out on how to access data in my Windows 7 partition. All my music, documents and videos are on that partition. How can I use them on Ubuntu?
Thanks for your help.

To access the files, first mount the partition that windows is on by double clicking it. You should then have access to all the windows files