PDA

View Full Version : A puzzleing problem

-gabe-noob-
May 12th, 2011, 12:47 AM
So I really wholeheartedly doubt that we could figure this out, but I figured I'd ask my favorite online community for some help.

I recently set up a xubuntu partition on my SCHOOL( WAAAAH ) laptop. (We have to buy ThinkPads with a bunch of doo-doo preloaded on them)

In order to log into the school network, one must pass various checks on 'cisco clean access agent' which makes sure antivirus programs are updated, and windows is update. Additionally the WPA key for the school network is hidden from us students.

So, lets be creative and attempt to figure out how I can get into that pesky school network in my Xubuntu partition.

Oh, and if anyone has a way that I could retrieve that pesky WPA key that my computer automatically uses in windows to access the router but won't let me see please tell me :)
:D Much love

-Gabe-Noob-

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 12th, 2011, 01:12 AM
In order to log into the school network, one must pass various checks on 'cisco clean access agent' which makes sure antivirus programs are updated, and windows is update.

Network admins usually allow Linux computers to connect without the antivirus checks preformed by the Cisco CCA or NAC. Have you tried it or asked the admins what their policy is?

Additionally the WPA key for the school network is hidden from us students.

If someone were to tell you how to get the WPA key from the Windows environment, the thread would be quarantined. Hacking is against the forum code-of-conduct.

Your details show that you are running Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon. I hope not, as that hasn't been supported for a while.

-gabe-noob-
May 12th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Network admins usually allow Linux computers to connect without the antivirus checks preformed by the Cisco CCA or NAC. Have you tried it or asked the admins what their policy is?

If someone were to tell you how to get the WPA key from the Windows environment, the thread would be quarantined. Hacking is against the forum code-of-conduct.

I know that the admin is kind of biased (read: Uninformed) as well as the administration of the school when it comes to GNU/Linux so I'd probably get denied but I'll go with than approach

Also I fail to see how getting a code that is saved on my computer, but hidden from me, is hacking. It should be my data no? I own the device, the code is just hidden. Anyways if its against the code of conduct ignore it.

(Nah I just haven't updated the Gutsy Gibbon thing, I'm on 11.04 and Ilike unity but I installed kubuntu-desktop and it works very nice as well.)

uRock
May 12th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Their network. Their property. Please seek help from the school's IT/Administrators.

Thread Closed.