PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Using Numpad for Numbers & Mouse

StarKid
May 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I've turned on mouse emulation in the settings manager so that I can use the numpad to control the pointer. Is there any way to switch this on and off (aside from changing the settings again and again) so that I can also use the numpad to type numbers?

I know that, with mouse emulation off, I can use Shift+NumLock, but that's only good for scrolling pages, not actually moving and clicking the pointer, and it doesn't seem to work in at least one application.

Toz
May 12th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I know that, with mouse emulation off, I can use Shift+NumLock, but that's only good for scrolling pages, not actually moving and clicking the pointer, and it doesn't seem to work in at least one application.
When I pressed Shift+Numlock, I was able to move and click the mouse with my keypad quite easily.
Reference:http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/movecursor.html

Can you confirm that when you press Shift+Numlock, you are unable to move and click the mouse?

StarKid
May 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Can you confirm that when you press Shift+Numlock, you are unable to move and click the mouse?

Yes, it doesn't work. I just get the standard page scrolling/no ability to type numbers with numpad if I press Shift+Numlock...come to think of it, that's the behavior I'm supposed to see when pressing Numlock alone, so I guess the Shift button isn't adding any functionality at all.

Toz
May 12th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Does Ctrl+Shift+Numlock work?

StarKid
May 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Does Ctrl+Shift+Numlock work?

No. It does the same thing as Numlock.

Toz
May 13th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Don't know what to say. I have a number of systems here and Shift+Numlock works on all of them. Have you mapped or reconfigured your keyboard in any way? If you execute xfce4-keyboard-settings, on the Layout Tab, what is your keyboard model and keyboard layout?

StarKid
May 13th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Have you mapped or reconfigured your keyboard in any way? If you execute xfce4-keyboard-settings, on the Layout Tab, what is your keyboard model and keyboard layout?

Yes, I changed the default layout to USA International with dead keys a few months ago. The keyboard model was set to dell. I've also tried setting it to Generic 104-key PC, but that doesn't change anything. It is a Dell keyboard but not any of the models listed.