PDA

View Full Version : New site: Business Linux Board

jan
May 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Hey folks,

I got a new forum together that should be dealing with the use of Linux in business. It is called BUSINESS LINUX BOARD (http://www.business-linux-board.com). I made a special sub-board also for Ubuntu (accessible here (http://business-linux-board.com/index.php?board=9.0)) as I think the business use of Ubuntu is still REALLY underestimated.

The "Ubuntu certifications" of the 3rd party support providers is a good thing in my opinion and could pretty much spread the distro even under the businessmen. So feel free to come over and join even if you have something to say also to Red Hat or Novel distros. Any opinion is appreciated!!! ;)

twotonz
May 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Jan,
Very good idea. I have been working on a project for some time now, and found very little info's for someone attempting a "DIY" system. I am sure when it takes off, it's going to be a great site.

Perhaps as a small sugestion, what about a few basic info's to keep the people on your site untill you get a good imput. A list of good CMS, an artikel about PoS under linux, web-management for e-commerce in a linux enviroment to name but a few. I am sure then you shall get enough people to register, and give a bit of imput to the forums.

Love & Peace to all
anthony

jan
June 2nd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Dear Tony,

thanx for suggestions. Curently, I am about trying to kick off the other site - Free Scripts Forum - from my forums webring (see link in my sig) - I created some content like this as i think that forum will take off easier. I have same plans for the Business Linux Board but I highly appreciate suggestions on what to do.

See you on the board,
Jan

curuxz
June 4th, 2006, 09:58 PM
this is very much along the lines of my open business forum/site which is still sat waiting to launch but personal issues a few months back ment that I did not have the time or energy to launch it, im not sure weather to go ahead now that things in my life are back on track or scrap it since the aims are similar but not identical and I did have a lot of functionality ready to go, maybe we could have a chat on IM or skype sometime and look at weather or not the work done on the mothballed open for business site can be transfered :)

jan
June 9th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Hi,

sure we can do something about it. I guess the both boards wont colide though. Try to set up your board and then we can link to each other :D. Or PM me if you wanna talk.