PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install from startup disc

Cliver
May 11th, 2011, 01:12 PM
G'day folks, I'll start off by saying i love Ubuntu and the principles behind it and everyone that takes the time to help others!
Now my problem! I've been playing with ubuntu 10.10 netbook for a couple of weeks, and had to reinstall windows 7 on my netbook, so made a live cd with remastersys then wiped the hard drive to do the reinstall, but when it came time to reinstall ubuntu with all my updates, new programs and files it will load as a live system, but not install, the install button has the same effect as the live thingy button! I have since used the original pendrive version to partition and install but would like my updated version back! I've even used the startup disc creator in ubuntu to make a disc from the remastersys version and that works just the same but won't install. Does anyone have the answer? Is there a command line thingy that will work? I read somewher about installing from some program in the system file! but i can' find a system menu! Please hellllllllp

mörgæs
May 12th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

If something went wrong when Remastersys created the image, it is not worthwhile to try to rescue it. It is faster to install a regular 10.10 and apply your programs again.

Cliver
May 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for that! just seems a shame i can use my old setup off the disc, but can't install it to the hard drive again! But i guess it's all a learning experience!