PDA

View Full Version : Unity Launcher number shortcuts have disappeared while holding super in Natty

PsyForce
May 11th, 2011, 04:55 AM
I've just noticed this morning that the number shortcuts that normally appear when holding the super key to show the Unity launcher are not there. The s, a and f shortcuts remain however. Also, just pushing the numbers that should be there doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

I've just upgraded from Maverick to Natty and things were mostly working fine until this. I'm not sure what changes have happened between now and then and I don't remember any major changes in that period.

----update----
I just tried to take a screenshot and opened GIMP to save it and I checked again and they have reappeared. So, I guess the new question is why did this happen? How can I solve this problem if it happens in the future? Should I mark this as solved? I don't really understand what happened either way.

WthIteh
May 11th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Indeed Natty and Unity are not mature yet :) They made some more important classical shortcuts (like tomboy note) to break too.
So it's not unusual to see such glitches for a while and in most cases, logging-out and logging-in again will resolve the issue. For a real resolution, we should wait for updates to fix those glitches.

PsyForce
May 12th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Alright, fair enough. I guess I'll just stick with it and see what happens. Seems to be working again today, so perhaps it's not that big a deal. :)

zhangyang
May 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Same thing happens every time I reboot my computer, until some new icon was added to the launcher, the shortcut won't work properly (all numbered shortcuts won't show up), there are several bug reports in launchpad, see Bug #772951 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/772951) and Bug #774907 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/774907) but haven't been assigned yet.

PsyForce
May 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Yes, actually this did happen to me again. Though the second time I logged out and back in (as WthIteh suggested) and it was fine. It seems kind of random as far as when it happens. I can't really find any patterns. I guess I'll go ahead and unsolve the thread for now.