PDA

View Full Version : This is weird, weird, weird.

aguafina
May 11th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I currently live in the UK, have a broadband/telephone connection with TalkTalk.

Just turned off my PC and could hear foreign language coming from somewhere (nerver heard anything like it before) I listen and it sounds like Russian, so goes to find the source, now after about 30 seconds I find the talking is coming from the speakers connected to my PC WTF.

:) After about 1 minute the talking starts to fade to silence, again I have never even heard Russian tonight on my PC, was not surfing anything to with Russian, just a little mind boggling. the PC is turned off and this talking is there for a good full minute after that I've never even heard before.

wojox
May 11th, 2011, 02:48 AM
It's just the voices in your head again glossywhite. :P

earthpigg
May 11th, 2011, 02:49 AM
It has been corrupted and is messing with your mind. Burn it with Fire.

Not unique
May 11th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Sounds like maybe radio interference do you not get that normally where your from?
Here in the UK we have the best Tech ha ha.

(our broadband is pathetic send me to Korea)

lisati
May 11th, 2011, 02:53 AM
It could be frustrated blog spammers who have been denied access to the parts of my web site which selectively throw up a 403 error based on location.

aguafina
May 11th, 2011, 02:56 AM
It's just the voices in your head again glossywhite. :P

lol that's what everyone tells me.

Sounds like maybe radio interference do you not get that normally where your from?
Here in the UK we have the best Tech ha ha.

(our broadband is pathetic send me to Korea)

I thought the same that it could be Radio interference but it was not English or Punjabi.

Not unique
May 11th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Punjabi? ha ha I think, could be overhead? Oooo spooky.

themusicalduck
May 11th, 2011, 03:00 AM
That is strange! Like Not unique said it might be radio waves being picked up somewhere.

I once used a tube microphone pre-amp to do some recordings. At one point I turned the gain up really high, and english radio suddenly started blasting through my speakers. It was very clear and loud too.

That's cause the gain was turned right up though, very weird to get it on normal speakers.

LowSky
May 11th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Plenty of languages sound like Russian like Ukrainian, more than likely just some line interference.

I've had it too. The result of a cordless phone or cell phone too close to the magnet in the speakers, causes the speakers to -- well speak. Speakers usually still have a small charge in them because the magnet acts sorta like a capacitor.

Lucradia
May 11th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Intel actually bought McAfee to do just this actually. Intel wants ISPs to be able to control infected PCs remotely by force if needed by implementing Hardware security built into the motherboard so that if the ISP sends the right instruction set, the PC will immediately turn off or, if you can't rectify the system, brick it so it can't boot, no matter what hardware you replace unless it's the motherboard.

My vote goes to AMD all the time because of this.

Macskeeball
May 11th, 2011, 03:45 AM
It could have been a news or other talk radio station playing soundbites for an international story.

Not unique
May 11th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Yes long wave radio, In fact this sort of thing was quite common when I was young but then went down especially since digital use in British TV, Police radios etc etc.