PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu wont let me get past the create an account screen

Phaze08
May 11th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Ok, so when I install Ubuntu from disc, it goes all the way through the install process and everything works fine until the part where you make your account, password, etc. When I enter all the information, sometimes it will say 'copying files..' for a while and I'll wait. Before long, though, it will say 'Ready when you are..' but the button that says forward is still greyed out and I cant click it. Ive tried going back and then forward again and it still doesnt work. Ive tried the install twice on two different discs and it wont work. Whats going on?

Rasa1111
May 11th, 2011, 01:53 AM
don't use capital letters in your user name. ;)

LostFarmer
May 11th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I would say that you are trying to use CAP letters, they are not permitted for some reason. I had the same problem for about an hour.

guess I'm a little slow.

Quackers
May 11th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Did you start your username with a capital letter? No capitals are allowed there.
Alternatively, did you enter and confirm a password? Those fields can't be left blank.

Phaze08
May 11th, 2011, 01:56 AM
What about passwords? Can you have caps? I did have a capital in the username lol.

Quackers
May 11th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Capitals are fine in the passwords.

Rasa1111
May 11th, 2011, 01:58 AM
passwords can be whatever you want.
capitals, symbols, numbers, whatever.

Yeah that Capital was your problem. :)