PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installed Natty- freezes when asked for Keyring PW

BrownieInMotion
May 11th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I'm going to first start off by saying I'm a noob. I'm not a computer person- at all- just a poor graduate student who doesn't want to shell out money to Microsoft for an OS that would bog down my netbook.

I was running Lucid Lynx for netbooks and did a clean install of Natty Narwhal (instead of an update to NN bc I was having bugs anyway). Here is my problem:

Everything seems to work fine until I tried to switch to using my wireless network. I enter in all the information to log onto my wireless and as it is connecting, the enter Keyring Password window pops up and the computer freezes. What gives? I have no idea how to fix it :( I need to get this fixed before school starts in a week so I can use my netbook for class. I would like to get this resolved and show my BF that Windows is NOT better and I'm not going to cave/give up.

I have an Asus EEE PC if that info helps.

mörgæs
May 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Since you are a noob I would advice you to try a fresh install of 10.10, having wired access while installing.

www.releases.ubuntu.com

There are still a great number of bugs in 11.04, so wait a few months if you want to try this one (you could also stick to 10.10 as long as it is supported - people upgrade way too often).