PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz Config trouble on 11.04 Natty Narwhal

wutzerface77
May 10th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Hey guys!

I am having some trouble using the compiz config settings on the new "Natty Narwhal" 11.04. On 10.4, it worked seamlessly; the 3D desktop cube worked, 3D windows worked, and rotating desktop cube also worked. On Natty Narwhal, nothing works-- at all. It may seem kind of childish for me to download compiz config just for the cube, but the fact that compiz config alone isn't even working is kind of making me nervous. Though, it would be great if someone could help me with the cube.

Thanks, Tim

coffeecat
May 10th, 2011, 11:32 PM
You need to be careful with compizconfig-settings-manager in Unity. Unity itself is a compiz plugin and there are some incompatibilities with other compiz plugins. As far as the cube is concerned, here is a workaround:

http://ubuntu4beginners.blogspot.com/2011/05/enable-desktop-cube-in-unity-ubuntu.html

Having warned you about potential problems, I have to say that the ccsm changes I've tried were OK. But it might be an idea to backup your ccsm settings as described in that link before embarking on anything too ambitious in the compiz line.

Good luck!

wutzerface77
May 11th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Alright thanks for the tips!