PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04 and lmsensors with conky

wildmanne39
May 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone, does anyone have cpu temp,gdu temp,fan information working in 11.04? if so you tell me how you did it. I have cpu temperature working just not the rest. Thanks to everyone in advance, I greatly appreciate any help.

Frogs Hair
May 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I have Conky up and running on 11.04 / Unity .
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors

sudo apt-get install conky-all
There is more than one Conky package , conky-all should include what you need to run. My Conky does not include fan-speed in the display.

wildmanne39
May 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply. I have already done that and I have a great looking conky just not able to get fan speed and such to work. When I run senors from a terminal all I see is the cpu temperature, so I am not sure that anyone has fan speed working that is what I wanted to know before I spend countless hours trying to get them to work when they just may not work in 11.04. Thank you very much for your reply.:)

Frogs Hair
May 10th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Did you run sudo sensors-detect and answer the questions ?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SensorInstallHowto

wildmanne39
May 10th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Did you run sudo sensors-detect and answer the questions ?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SensorInstallHowto

Hi, yes I did do that but the temp is still the only one that works, I wander if I should run that setup again maybe something went wrong with it the first time. Thank you for your help.

Shane Fisher
September 27th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I have Conky up and running on 11.04 / Unity .
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors

sudo apt-get install conky-all
There is more than one Conky package , conky-all should include what you need to run. My Conky does not include fan-speed in the display.

Thanks for this piece of intel it helped me tremendously! I am a newbie to Linux and even I got this right in terminal lol.:D

chrnovx
May 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the help!

sudo apt-get install conky-all did the trick.

I also installed
lm-sensors, sensors, and sensord

oldos2er
May 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Old thread closed.